11. The USJ

[A/N: If you've made it this far I just want to thank you again for giving this a go. I hope you're enjoying it! If you like what you see feel free to hit that star button and give me my daily dose of serotonin. Thanks again!]

"Today's training will be a little different." Aizawa stood at the front of the class, he looked particularly tired and grumpy today. Perhaps he was still annoyed about the press making it onto campus yesterday...

"Sir! What kind of training is this?" Sero raised his hand.

"Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that." He announced.

"Disasters... hm I mean I guess my quirk really is geared more towards rescue anyway. Shouldn't be too tough." I said to myself as I thought about the training ahead. The whole class erupted into chatter, everyone was getting pumped for the training. I couldn't help but feel a little excited as well.

"Guys, I'm not finished yet." Aizawa silenced the room, "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes, but keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet, and they might limit your abilities." He pressed a switch and the cases containing our costumes began sliding out of their place in the wall, "This special training's at an off-campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there."

He turned to leave the room and gave a small wave, "That's all. Start getting ready." And with that he left us to prepare.

I walked with Mina to the locker room and quickly changed. "I can't believe you're just going to wear your P.E. uniform! Your costume is cute. What gives?" Mina whined at me as she pulled on her costume.

I pouted at her, "I have literally NO DESIRE to wear a hero costume period. So if Aizawa is going to give me the opportunity to get out of it I'm gonna take it."

"Ugh so booorrrrriiiiiing!"

"Tch, quit whining about it. I'll wear it next time... Happy?"

She quickly changed her tune and hopped up and clapped her hands together, "Yes! Victory!" She beamed at me, looking awfully proud of herself.

I glared at her until we made it to the bus. She just happily grinned the whole time though, not a care in the world. I noticed Midoriya wasn't in his costume either, so at least I wouldn't be the odd one out.

 I noticed Midoriya wasn't in his costume either, so at least I wouldn't be the odd one out

A loud whistle caught everyone's attention. We turned towards the bus to find a determined looking Iida. "Gather around Class 1A! Using your student numbers, form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently!" He ended his announcement with another whistle blow.

I couldn't decide whether to laugh at his overzealous behavior or be worried that we had created a monster. He was already throwing everything he had into his new role as class rep. I suppose it was nice to know he was taking it seriously.