28. The Champion

I was almost to the stands when I found a pair of fierce blue eyes in my path.

I cocked my head and gave him an uninterested frown, "What do you want?"

He was standing there with his arms crossed in front of his chest. The air around him felt heavy, like his anger had become this solid presence preventing me from reaching my goal. It was obvious he was trying to intimidate me.

"Well, if you don't have anything to say..." I stated as I went to walk around him, "Wish I could say it was nice to see you again, Endeavor. But I think we both know that would be a lie."

"Hmph." He grunted as I passed by him, "I'll have to thank that boy with the explosion quirk for taking you out of the running. It would have been beneath Shoto to have to fight someone like you here."

I stopped and clenched my fists. I had a lot of things rush through my head at that moment. I suddenly had the urge to thank him for being such a dumpster fire of a human being, but... I smirked to myself, "Yeah you're right. It would have sucked for me to beat him again after all. Especially since now we have an audience... Oh, did All Might tell you? I fought Todoroki in a mock battle and beat him in less than 5 minutes. Oh well. I guess that's all you can expect from the son of the 'NUMBER 2' hero after all." I gave a nonchalant shrug as I spoke.

Suddenly I felt a strong hand grab my shoulder and spin me around before slamming and pinning me to a wall. Endeavor glared down viciously, I could read the hatred and anger coming from his energy in waves. I kept my smirk up, "Oh? Well thank you for the lesson Mr. Number 2. It's nice to see how pros treat kids and all... for future reference of course."

"Future reference? You'll never be a pro. The fact that you're even here is a joke, and proof that All Might's judgment is severely lacking. Don't forget, after graduation you'll be back where you belong, and that's only IF you keep this farce up for that long. It's only a matter of time before you're caught leaking information."

"Sorry, but I don't really care what you think. Maybe you should try picking on someone whose actually scared of you."

The hand he was using to restrain me suddenly began heating up and I felt my arm burning under his touch. I gritted my teeth hard and did all I could to keep a brave face through the pain, I could feel my hands tremble as they betrayed me though. He seemed satisfied enough with that response and eased up on the heat.

I scoffed and my eyes darkened, "I always knew you were shit. But I didn't think you'd stoop that low... Guess I shouldn't be surprised though. It's probably not hard to hurt someone you think is a villain when you're willing to torment your own family, huh?"

He seemed taken aback by my statement, then a look of realization crossed his face. It was mildly entertaining to watch as he mentally connected the dots.

He took a step back and his glare came swiftly back, "You're getting sloppy, giving away some information you've gathered. I have no reason to explain myself to you. Shoto has a bright future ahead of him, and I did what I needed to do to assure that."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself I guess."

"Hmph. Typical villain behavior. Trying to get a rise out of me with a smart mouth. I foolishly fell for it I suppose."

"Ha! You're blaming that on me? Wow you really are something special aren't you?"

"Welcome to the final battle of the UA Sports Festival!" We heard Present Mic announce over the loudspeakers followed by applause.

"Now. I'm finished wasting my time on you, I need to watch my Shoto claim his victory. You can keep playing your games all you want. The truth will come out soon enough." He turned to leave but looked back at me over his shoulder, "You should know, I hired Detective Okada on at my agency as a private investigator. He will be continuing what I'm sure will be a fruitful investigation against you."