40. Shopping

It was the next morning. I was walking to school and staring down at my phone.

Me : Hey girl, you still up? Want to chat for a bit?

Mina : (read)

I frowned. She's never left me on read before. At most she might give a simple 'hang on' and then completely forget to reply back after that, but never just left it on read. I tried not to take it personally. I mean yesterday was pretty rough on her. I just couldn't help but wonder if she was mad at me for going to the camp without her.

'I know she told me she wanted me to go and all, but still... maybe it was a brave face?' I thought to myself. Visions of her crying yesterday crept through my mind, as did the things I felt when she hugged me. 'What if she was crying all night?'

I sadly drug myself into the classroom and found Mina grouped together with Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sato... the others who failed the practical. She had tears in her eyes and the others looked just as upset. "Oh Mina..." I said to myself as I made my way over to them.

"E-everyone. I'm looking f-forward to hearing all your stories of how fun camp was." Mina stammered out between sniffles.

Deku tried to cheer her up, suggesting that there might be a chance they will end up letting them go. We had all heard Mr. Aizawa though, if we didn't pass finals we weren't allowed to go.

"We didn't pass the practical so we're doomed! Don't you get it Midoriya?! Or did All Might knock all the brains outta you?" Kaminari angrily yelled at Deku.

I walked up and put an arm around Mina who happily accepted it, "Maybe we will all have a horrible time? I bet it will rain everyday and there will be huge bugs. Also, Mineta will be there so it can't be that great..." I said as I turned my nose up at him.

"Oh no you don't! It doesn't matter to me whether you want me there or not. I passed all the same! And I already looked up the weather and it's going to be perfect that week! I WILL SEE THE GIRLS OF CLASS 1A IN BIKINIS!" Mineta cheered from on top of his desk.

Tsu quickly flipped him out of his desk and to the floor with her tongue in response.

"I didn't think I could possibly hate him more." I muttered.

The door suddenly flung open and we all bolted to our desks, "Once the bell rings you should be in your seats." Mr. Aizawa announced. However, we had all somehow managed to make it to our desks before his eyes glanced over at us.

He slowly made his way to the podium before us, "Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams." He began in his usual uninterested tone, "So, when it comes to the training camp in the woods..."

"Everyone is going!" He announced with more enthusiasm and cheerfulness than I ever thought possible.

The four who had failed cheered with happiness and relief. I excitedly looked over at Mina, who gave me a smile and a quick thumbs up.

"Do we really get to go to camp?!" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah. The good news is that no one bombed the written exam. Five failed the practical. Badly. Two teams, of course, and then Sero failed as well." Mr. Aizawa said.

"Aw! Crap, I knew it! Mineta made it to the gate, but I didn't do near enough to pass." Sero moaned as he put his face in his hands.

'Poor guy. How embarrassing to only have your team win thanks to Mineta... I feel for him.'

"Allow me to explain. For the practical battles, the teachers made sure to leave a way for the students to win. Otherwise, you never would have stood a chance." Mr. Aizawa explained, "We were interested in observing how you each worked together and approached the task at hand."