16. Sports Festival

After saying goodbye to Deku, I went straight to my room and fell onto my bed. I didn't even bother changing out of my uniform before falling asleep. I'd never felt so exhausted in my life. To be fair though, I'd never used my entire energy reserves in one day either. So I really shouldn't have been surprised by the results.

On a more pleasant note, due to being so exhausted I ended up sleeping easily through the night. No nightmares for me! I suppose that was a decent enough silver lining, but I still woke up super groggy the next day.

I woke up in the exact same position I fell asleep in. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair before glancing over at my alarm clock. I fell asleep without setting it but I somehow managed to luck out, and only woke up 5 minutes late.

I rubbed my eyes, and slowly pulled myself out of bed. I took off my uniform, letting it drop to the floor before shuffling to the bathroom for a quick shower.

****

My walk to school had been uneventful, and I realized when I walked into the classroom that I was the last one to arrive. 'At least I made it before the bell... Man, I'm so tired.' I drug myself to my desk and plopped into my chair.

I started to put my head down just so I could close my eyes for a bit before the start of class when Mina appeared before me and sat on top of my desk, "Eiko! Good morning. Oh my gosh did you watch the news last night?"

I yawned and looked up at her, "Nope. I had too much beauty sleep to catch up on. What's the deal with the news?"

"We were on TV! Well, most of us. You and Midoriya bailed on us so you guys didn't get any screen time. The rest of us did though!"

"Hmm... what were you guys on TV for?"

"Um because of the villain attack on the USJ obviously. The press was super interested in what happened and stuff." She shrugged and looked a little disappointed, "They wanted to interview us but Mr. Snipe and Ms. Midnight wouldn't let them... talk about lame."

"Heh, to be honest I'm glad I missed it then."

"Oh come on don't be so boring." She said and poked my forehead, "By the way what's your deal? You look exhausted, didn't you say your quirk heals stuff like that too? Like, you don't catch colds or have issues from not getting enough sleep, stuff like that?"

I yawned again, "Yeah but I used a lot of energy yesterday." I started counting on my fingers, "I mean it took a lot out of me healing myself, Kirishima, Deku, All Might, and Aizawa..."

A sudden look of surprise appeared on her face, "You saw Mr. Aizawa? How was he? Is he going to be ok? I didn't think about it but, who do you think is going to teach class today? There's no way he'll be here."

I put my hand over my eyes and groaned, "Minaaaaaa, too many questions... not enough sleep... I have no idea who will be teaching class today. He was in awful shape and I couldn't do much for him. I'll bet he's still recovering in the hospital."

She started to reply, but Iida ran in, interrupting her. "OK everyone. The bell is about to ring, everyone should be in their seats."

"That's my queue." Mina said with a wink as she hopped off my desk and skipped back to hers. As soon as she left I went back to my original plan and put my head down. I was almost drifting off to sleep when a few gasps and shocked voices woke me up.

"Mr. Aizawa, what are you doing here?" The class said in unison.

I looked up and sure enough there stood Aizawa. He was wrapped in bandages from head to toe, you couldn't even see his face and his arms were tied in place so he couldn't move them. 'Geez he looks like a freaking mummy. Could he really not have just taken the day off to rest?'