15. Recovery Girl

"You need to have her check you out too." All Might said as we sat in the nurses office. Recovery Girl was currently looking over All Might's injuries. She checked Midoriya out first and commended me on the job I had done on his legs. She didn't have to use her quirk on him at all.

"Huh?" I pouted at him, "Are you kidding me? You know that it's pointless. I'm fine!"

"Yeah maybe, but I know for a fact that I heard your neck break back there. You were down for a while."

"You act like that's the first time I've died... Do I need to remind you how we met?"

"Regardless. We don't know everything about you or your quirk. For all we know there is a limit to how many times you can die and come back again. Please just let Recovery Girl check you out."

I sighed, "Fine... for the record, I think this is a perfectly good waste of Recovery Girl's valuable time." I said as I sat on the edge of a hospital bed.

Recovery girl chuckled as she walked over to me and began looking me over, "Well you've already saved me so much time healing those two's injuries that I think I can spare a moment to look you over." She did a simple examination and then gave me the all clear. I gave All Might an 'I told you so' smirk and he shrugged.

"The three of you are cleared, but I must say, your quirk is astounding girl." She said, "After the explanation you gave on today's events I expected you all would have extensive injuries... and yet, not a scratch."

I rubbed the back of my head, "Yeah yeah it's pretty great... You said we are cleared so does that mean I can go now?" 

"Actually I was kind of hoping I could ask a favor of you."

I cocked my head at her, "Um, sure. What's up?"

"I know this may seem inappropriate, since you're just a student and not a pro yet, not to mention your particular... Circumstances..." 

My eyes darkened as I looked at her, knowing exactly what she was referring to. She saw my expression change and held her hands up defensively, "Now now. That look won't be necessary. Yes I know about your reasons for being here and your past, but that doesn't mean I intend to judge you for that... in fact it's quite the opposite. I'd like to trust you with something rather important."

I wasn't sure how to react. I was skeptical, and couldn't help feeling like this was some sort of trap or a test maybe. 'Ok so she knows about my possible connections with villains but she wants my help with something? There was just an attack so I kind of expected people to be casting blame at me right about now, not asking me for favors. Especially not this old woman who just met me.'

"What could you possibly need my help with?"

"Well you see, my quirk works by boosting someone's natural ability to heal. In exchange for using up some of their stamina I can give a boost to a body's recovery ability, and therefore shorten the time it would normally take them to heal." She held up a finger, "There's a downside though, if someone has been too seriously wounded and I try to use my quirk then they won't have enough stamina to heal themselves... I could potentially kill them. Also I can't heal things that are beyond what someone's body is capable of doing on its own."

She pointed at me, "I don't know the details of your quirk but I'm assuming yours works differently in that regard. Am I correct?"

I stared at her for a moment. She said she wanted a favor from me and that she wanted to trust me with something. She also knows about my complicated history and yet she is divulging information about her quirk including its weaknesses. Perhaps she really does trust me. So maybe it would be fair to trust her?