14. Shigaraki

[A/N: I'm posting this one a little early because I may be going out of town tomorrow. Hopefully you guys don't mind! Hope you have been enjoying things, and thank you so much for making it this far.]

Eiko POV

I could hear voices, but they sounded muffled, like I was trying to hear them from underwater. I couldn't tell where they were coming from or hear them well enough to even try and recognize them.

'Was that a man talking? A woman? I can't hear anything at all. How many are there? Two? Three?'

One voice sounded clearer than the rest. I tried to hold onto that voice, to focus everything on picking up anything I could.

It was a man's voice... but what is he saying?

"Understood, Master. I will do as you've asked."

'Master? Who is he talking to? I can't hear the other voice, but... this man... Why does he sound familiar? Where have I heard this before?'

I kept trying to place that voice, trying to listen for more but suddenly my eyes shot open. I was disoriented for a moment, thinking about the voice I had heard, then I remembered Nomu.

I shot up and quickly looked around to find All Might fighting Nomu. I went to stand to go and help when I realized someone's arm was around me. I looked over to find an unconscious Kirishima.

'Oh no, when Nomu caught me Kirishima must have tried to help!' I thought and then noticed the destroyed wall around us, confirming my suspicions.

"Kirishima! You idiot! You didn't have to save me." I yelled at him before placing my hands on either side of his face. I was mortified, the thought of him hurting himself to save me scared me as much as it pissed me off. Why would he do something so stupid?! No matter how bad my injuries were, my quirk would come to my rescue every time.

I started sending my energy through him, and breathed a sigh of relief as I realized his injuries were incredibly minor. The suddenness of the impact gave him a mild concussion but he would recover fine on his own. I glanced behind me and saw the fight was still going on, 'Minor injuries or not he'll be safer if I heal him now so he can wake up and defend himself.'

I continued channeling my energy into him but focused it on his injury, healing it as quickly as I possibly could. His eyelids started to flutter and he brought his hand up to his forehead, "Ow, damn it that hurts."

I let go of his face, "Sorry, give it a few minutes and that headache should be gone too."

"Oh well that's go-" He stopped mid sentence and his eyes shot open. He grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me over quickly, "Eiko! Oh man are you ok? That thing! That thing, he got you!!" He exclaimed, obviously worried.

I lightly punched his chest and frowned, "Yeah he did, and I have a healing quirk. A HEALING QUIRK. What were you thinking?"

He let go of one of my shoulders and rubbed the back of his head, "Yeah sorry. Honestly I saw you go flying and just kind of jumped in without thinking. My bad." He smiled gently at me, "Thanks for healing me though, I owe you one."

I caught myself staring at his smile for a moment, and quickly looked away from him, trying to hide the blush I felt creeping onto my face. "Not really, you got hurt saving me. Remember. I'm the one that owes you..." I was still frowning when I turned back to him.

When I looked back though he had turned away from me and now his face was turning bright red. 'Oh my god did he see me blushing? What should I say? Ugh now what?' I thought to myself before looking down and realizing what he was blushing about.