41. Wild, Wild Pussycats

A week after summer break had officially started, Class 1A stood as a group by the school as we waited for the bus that would take us to our training camp.

Excited chatter could be heard from every corner of our little group. Kaminari, Uraraka, and Mina even started a cheer. I couldn't help but laugh at how happy Mina was, which caused her to grab me and drag me over to join the cheer. I reluctantly gave one fist pump and yelled a couple 'Camp!'s but that was the most she was going to get from me.

"Attention Class A, our bus is here. Everyone line up in seating order!" Iida announced from in front of our newly arrived charter bus.

Mina grabbed ahold of me again and squeezed my arm tightly, "It's here. It's here. It's here!" She jumped up and down in place a few times while still latched on to my arm. "Come on let's go!" She yelled before dragging me onto the bus and into a seat next to her.

I sighed as I sat down, mentally preparing myself for the non stop excitement I was about to endure for the length of this trip. Honestly though I kind of enjoyed listening to her happily chattering away. It wasn't long before caught myself mirroring her smile as I listened to her go on about all the things she wanted to do once we got there.

About an hour into our trip the bus slowly pulled over and Mr. Aizawa turned to face us, "All right everyone out."

Everyone stiffly made their way off of the bus. "Finally. I needed off that bus." Kaminari whined as he walked up to Mina and I. We were standing a couple yards from the bus stretching and enjoying the fresh air.

Our first stop was really just a scenic overlook, no restrooms, benches, or anything. It seemed like a weird place to stop to me, but I enjoyed the view of a tranquil forest below that seemed to stretch for miles.

"This doesn't seem like much of a rest area..." Kaminari said as if reading my thoughts.

"Yeah it is kind of weird huh?" Mina replied.

We didn't have long to speculate about it before a black car slowly pulled in front of our parked charter bus. "Heya, Eraser!" A woman with short brown hair, pink face paint whiskers, and a cat costume called out as she stepped from the car. She was followed by a blonde woman with a similar get up. 'Are they pros?'

"Long time no see." Mr. Aizawa replied while bowing respectfully to them both.

The two of them decided to take that moment to show off and strike a pose while announcing some ridiculous catchphrase, 'Yep. Definitely pros.' I frowned while watching them.

"These are the pros you'll be working with at the summer training camp." Mr. Aizawa explained. "Everyone. Say hello."

The class greeted them in unison.

"Is it too late to go home?" I muttered, which got me an elbow from Mina.

The brown haired cat lady introduced herself as Mandalay, and then motioned out to the forest I'd been gazing at earlier. She explained that they owned it and that the summer camp we would be staying at lay inside at the base of the mountain. It had to be miles from where we were currently standing. It was no doubt shrouded by trees, but I couldn't see any indication anything was there from here.

"Then why did we stop all the way up here instead?" Uraraka asked.

'Oh no...'

Sero laughed nervously, "Um. Back on the bus. Quick. Lets go."

"Good idea. Load up." Kaminari quickly agreed.

Everyone slowly began backing up towards the fabubus of comfort we had ridden this far on.