17. Arrest

Kirishima and Mina jumped up from their seats, "What the hell? You gotta be kidding me." Kirishima said and Mina quickly nodded in agreement, "Yeah what gives? You obviously have the wrong person, Eiko wouldn't do something like that!"

"Now now kids. There's no reason for you to get involved. We have enough reason to suspect her, so we'll be taking her in till we can sort things out. One way or another." Okada's eyes never left mine. He kept that smirk plastered on his face, like he had already won.

"This is ridiculous. Why would a hero course student ever work with villains?" Sero commented.

"She isn't the kind of person to work with villains, you're making a mistake!" Mina yelled before taking a step forward. The officers behind Okada tensed and I quickly stood up, placing myself between her and them. I clenched my fists and without turning to face her I spoke, "Hey, it's okay, calm down. There's nothing to get upset about."

Okada raised his brow at me, "Is that so? Why are you looking at me with such a scary expression then? Careful, I might just fear for my life and the safety of my fellow officers."

Kirishima spoke up, "What are you talking about? She isn't even doing anything wrong."

"You kids think that you know her so well, that you understand her. You've been together at this school for what, a week? Tell me, do you know anything about her at all really?" He shrugged at them, "Do you know why she wants to be a hero? What school she used to go to? Anything about her parents or home life in general? Do you even know something as simple as what kind of music she likes or her birthday?" His words were laced with a condescending tone.

Mina and Kirishima stirred and looked away from him, they knew full well they didn't know any of that stuff.

"I'll take it from your silence that I'm right... you honestly think if you don't know simple things like that, that you're in a position to judge her character? Or if she could possibly be a villain?"

Bakugo looked over his shoulder at Okada, "So what? People who like their privacy are villains now? What an idiot..." He turned back to his food and rolled his eyes. I was pretty surprised though, not that Mina and Kirishima defended me, but Bakugo? We didn't even like each other... 'He is probably just annoyed by the scene this is causing.' I thought.

"Hmm I suppose you're right about that. I can't blame her though I wouldn't want a bunch of hero course students knowing about the time I spent in Tartarus either." Okada said with a shrug.

"What did you say?" Kirishima and Mina practically said in unison. My heart sank, I didn't even have to look their way to feel the cloud of doubt forming over our lunch table. I gritted my teeth and my eyes widened as I scowled at Okada. How dare he tell them that. How dare he show up to my school and pull this crap here? Why is he doing this? I'm going to fucking kill him.

Then he gave me a shit eating grin, and I stopped. 'No, he is trying to get me to lash out. He wants me to attack him or at least lose my composure so he has grounds to attack me. I have to stay calm no matter what.' I wanted to explain myself to Mina and Kirishima, but I knew nothing I said could convince them now. I also really didn't want to turn around and face them, I didn't want to see the looks on their faces...

I just knew they would have the same eyes as all the rest. They would look at me like a villain...

"Well what's it going to be kid? Are you going to give me problems?"

My eyes darkened and my gaze drifted to the ground "No. It's fine. I'll come with you quietly." I held my head down and took a couple steps towards Okada before I heard Mina, "W-wait.. Eiko?"