30. Hero Names

"The first day back to class and it just had to go and rain..." I muttered to myself as I shook off my umbrella and stored it with the others before heading to class.

As soon as I walked into the hallway I saw Iida and Deku walking together. My heart sank at the sight of Iida as I thought about his brother, "Uh hey! Good morning Iida, Deku." I called out from behind them.

They both turned around, "Hey, good morning Eiko." Deku said while giving me a small wave.

I picked up my pace to catch up with them. Once I was at their side I looked to Iida, "Um hey Iida, how are you? I'm sorry abou-"

"It's quite alright. You don't have to apologize again Eiko. We both knew you coming was a long shot... it's not your fault." He stated plainly.

He was trying to play it off like it was no big deal, but the pain was plain to see on his face. I could tell that even Deku could see it. "My brother is going to be just fine, you'll see."

"Y-yeah. Of course..." I said as I looked away from him. He said it wasn't my fault, and technically it wasn't, but I still couldn't help but feel guilty about my inability to do anything for him.

The rest of the way to class the three of us were silent. The mood was pretty somber between us, but was instantly shifted when we walked into the classroom.

"Eiko! You're finally here! You were supposed to call me over the break." Mina pranced up to me happily and then playfully pouted.

I rubbed the back of my head, "Oh yeah sorry about that. I was kind of busy with something."

She waved me off, "It's fine. You won't believe what happened to me on the way here! People recognized me from the Festival." She exclaimed excitedly, "Everyone wanted to talk to me on the way here."

Kirishima joined our convo, "Yeah, me too! It was awesome."

I laughed nervously, "Glad I live close to the school. I didn't pass nearly enough people to get recognized."

"Eiko, you'll never be a popular pro if you never want to be recognized." Mina scolded.

I dramatically bowed at her and spoke in a playful tone, "All the more spotlight for you my dear."

She smirked back, "Eh, I guess I can live with that."

Sero sighed, "Yeah well, you guys are lucky... you won't believe what a bunch of elementary school brats yelled at me."

Tsu poked her head up from her desk, "Nice try?"

Sero put his hands in his head and groaned while Mina, Kirishima, and I laughed.

Mr. Aizawa opened the door and cut our laughter short, "Morning." He muttered as we all scrambled to our desks.

"Good morning, Mr. Aizawa!" We all said in unison.

He slowly walked into the class, looking exhausted and scraggly as usual. However he was looking a lot better. His wounds from the USJ attack had finally healed, and the bandages covering his whole body were gone. It was looking like he had finally retired the title of 'Mummy Aizawa' for good.

"We have a big class today on Hero Informatics." He stated. The whole class tensed as we waited for him to continue, and wondered what he had in store for us, "You need codenames. Time to pick your hero identities."

The mood in the class completely shifted as everyone started getting excited. I was... less enthusiastic, 'Crap I have no idea what I want my hero name to be... I hadn't really thought about it.' I was nervously racking my brain when Mr. Aizawa's speech about draft picks snapped me out of it.