51. You Knew

[A/N: Hey guys so little update. Today's the day I'm packing up my computer so I won't be posting again till after the move. I'll be there the first week of June but you know how it goes. I'll have to set up everything and yada yada so I'm not sure when my next post will be. At the moment let's call this a mini hiatus and I should get something on here by end of June/start of July. I appreciate all of your patience and for everyone who has read this far. I know it sucks that I've slowed down so much but I can at least give you a tiny bit of good news and say our OCxBaku ship is going to kick off really soon! Can't give you an exact chapter number cause obvi I haven't written it yet, but we are sooooooo close. 

I'll probably spend this time going back and editing some things cause I know with me posting these as they are being written I'm probably making some errors. Again, I appreciated all of you for sticking around and I hope you enjoy. ]

Mina sighed as I finished up healing her hands, "You have no idea how much I love you for this. All this training is killing me. You know Ectoplasm wants me to turn up the potency again tomorrow? I won't have skin anymore at this point."

I chuckled, "It can't be that bad. Your skin was raw, sure, but it was nowhere close to melting off."

"Ugh no no no. You're supposed to say 'Oh my gosh I know right! Ectoplasm is such a slave driver. Can't he chill?' Where's the support?"

"I'm supportive!" I replied, not hiding my offense to that statement. "But don't you think that I-"

"No! I just want you to agree with me damn it." She whined as she cut me off.

I pouted, "Damn dude, that sucks. I'm sorry Ectoplasm is such a slave driver."

"You definitely sounded sarcastic, but I'll take it." She grinned as she leaned back on her bed with another sigh. "So not to be a downer and ruin your whole mood but, how are you?"

I cocked an eyebrow at her, "I mean fine I guess? What do you mean?"

"I don't know. You seemed pretty messed up after Kamino and we haven't talked about it in awhile. I guess... I don't know. I feel like if something like that happened to me I'd want to talk more."

I sighed and leaned back on her bed as well. "You know honestly I think I'm just avoiding thinking about it."

She quickly leaned up, "Ohmygosh yeah of course I'm sorry! I shouldn't have brought it up." She said while waving her hands frantically. "We can talk about something else."

"No, it's fine. I mean ignoring it isn't going to make it go away..." I stared up at the ceiling for a moment, "I just feel like there really isn't any point to dwelling on it. It happened, it's over, and my feelings won't change the outcome. Also, I'm so confused about everything that the Doctor said... I can't tell what part was real and what was just lies and scare tactics. So until I know more..." I stopped short and just shrugged.

"Yeah I guess that makes sense. I'm just not sure ignoring it is the best thing you can do."

"Probably not." I replied cheerlessly.

She grew silent for a moment before clapping her hands together, "Ok enough of that. Let's change the subject. We can finish our convo from the locker room the other day. And you can tell me what's up between you and Baku-"

"That's enough! I'd rather talk about being tortured." I quickly stopped her.

That sly smirk returned, but she respected my wishes, "All right then, but you can't run away from that one forever... How's your training going? We haven't talked much about it for a few days."