31. Internships

The rest of the day everyone spent every spare moment talking about their internship options. I eavesdropped on most of their conversations, but tried to keep to myself and not add any input. As far as they knew I hadn't got any offers so I could get away with the 'I'm still thinking about it' excuse.

Everyone was kind of crowding around Deku's desk, and I couldn't help but turn around to see what the commotion was. I heard Uraraka talking about who she was going with but Bakugo's usual scowl distracted me and pulled my attention away.

"What's the matter? Did you not get an offer you like?"

"Mind your business. Everyone likes me so much I just have a lot to sort through and everyone is being too damn noisy."

I sighed and leaned on his desk, "Oh please. I'm sure you can rule out any agency that isn't totally devoted to kicking bad guy butt right off the bat. Plus you're so full of yourself you probably will only pick an agency with a hero in the top 10... right? Assuming you got any offers from anyone that high up."

"Ha, try top five. Damn right I got offers from that high up. Look." He smirked and shoved his list in my face. Sure enough sitting right at the top was the number 4 hero, Best Jeanist.

I nervously chuckled, "Well look at that. I didn't realize someone that could make it to number 4 could be that bad at scouting talent."

A vein popped out on his forehead and he snatched his paper from me, "Damnit reject! You're just mad that you didn't get any offers after losing to me!"

I shrugged and gave him a wink, "Aw don't get mad, that's what you get for bragging so much. Besides, I thought you wanted me to be honest with you?" I laced that last bit with sarcasm.

He looked like he had more to say but we were interrupted by a commotion going on behind him.

"Huh, were you doing that the whole class?"

"That's such an old fashioned way to train."

Apparently Deku was doing some kind of weird strength training during class and the others were taking notice.

"A smart one though. The isometric muscle contraction that's needed to hold your body above your seat makes it an easy way to work out without moving." Ojiro explained, adding his input on Deku's training methods.

I smiled, "Wow, Ojiro really is so good with that kind of stuff. He's so helpful with training exercises and things. He's super smart."

I was still looking over at Ojiro when I heard Bakugo crumple his paper suddenly. I looked back at him and his usual scowl had shifted to an angry grimace, "Idiots." He growled under his breath.

"Hey are you-" I started to ask if he was okay but the bell ringing cut me off. As soon as it did he quickly stood and grabbed his things before rushing out of the door. 'Huh? I guess everyone praising Deku's workout pissed him off... Whatever, I'm sure he'll cool off later.' I thought before I started gathering my things

After saying bye to Mina I headed to my locker to grab my umbrella before heading out.

"Hey Eiko!"

I turned to see Uraraka and Deku standing behind me, "Hey Uraraka. Sorry I didn't see you there. Guess I was spacing out." I nervously laughed.

"Yeah you kinda do that a lot." She said while giving me a playful grin, "By the way, you didn't happen to see Iida did you? We were going to see if he wanted to walk with us."

I shook my head, "No sorry. But since I didn't even notice you that doesn't say much." I said and rubbed the back of my head.

"It's ok. He probably already decided where he wants to do his internship and is turning in his forms." Deku replied. He reached over to check Iidas locker, but his raincoat was gone.