19. Arcade

I woke up to find that they continued messaging each other for another hour after I went to bed. Apparently, we were all meeting at some café near the school to grab lunch first, and then we would ride the train together to the arcade.

I was humming happily to myself the whole time I was getting ready. Once I was dressed and it was time to leave however I began feeling nervous. I still couldn't stop worrying about Okada telling them about Tartarus. I almost felt like them ignoring the whole thing was worse than if they had just come right out and asked me about it.

I started feeling like I wanted to cancel and got ready to send Mina a message when she messaged me first. It wasn't in the group message, it was just between me and her, a simple 'Today's gonna be a blast!'

I glared at the message for a solid minute, "I swear that girl knew I was about to cancel..." I sighed and stuck my phone in my back pocket before heading out, "I can't not go now."

It didn't take very long before the café was in view and I saw a head full of pink hair and a blonde standing outside waiting. They were talking to each other and laughing about something when I walked up behind them and tapped them both on the shoulders.

They both turned around and smiled at me, "Hey Eiko, looking good as always." Kaminari said with a wink. I lightly pushed him, "Could you not? Where is everyone else?"

"Sero should be here any minute. The last time I talked to Kiri he was still trying to drag Bakugo out here." Mina said with a laugh.

Right after she said that Sero rounded the corner and gave us a slight wave. I chatted with him and Kaminari for a minute, while Mina made a quick call to Kirishima.

"Okay," she said as she hung up the phone, "Kiri said they're still going to be a minute, so we can just go ahead inside and grab a table."

I lightly chuckled, "Meaning he's still begging Bakugo to come."

Sero laughed, "Yeah probably, honestly I didn't think he would come anyway when Mina sent the invite."

Kaminari nodded in agreement, "Yeah he is probably worried about the company he keeps ruining his reputation or something."

I froze and stared at him. Is he not coming because I'm here? Did that whole almost getting arrested thing make him think I was bad for his future hero career or something? Do the others think that too? Did they just invite me out of pity? Maybe they secretly didn't want me to come...

Mina started laughing, "Right?! I can just hear him now, 'Hey don't stand so close to me you losers, someone might think we are friends!'" She started laughing even harder at her own Bakugo impersonation. Kaminari and Sero were cackling along with her.

"What? Hang out with you? Why would I want to hang out with such a weakling" Kaminari joined her with impersonating Bakugo.

I nervously laughed along with them, 'Man what is wrong with me? They were just referring to his prickly personality is all, it doesn't have anything to do with me... I really need to chill.' I thought to myself.

After everyone stopped laughing and calmed down a bit we went into the café. There was a bit of a wait so it ended up being a good thing that Kirishima told us to go ahead and head inside. It was a real cute place, and all of their food and drinks were anime-themed. While we waited for a table Mina and I stood in the corner gushing at all the amazing dishes that passed us by.

"Oh man, how am I ever going to choose something? Everything looks and smells sooooooo good." I whined while frowning at Mina.

Sero chimed in, "Why don't we all get different things, and then we can split it? That way we can try a bunch of stuff at once."