45. The Truth

Bakugo was still yelling at me and trying to free himself when I stepped through the portal. The sounds of his yelling faded away as the cold air of my new location rushed over me.

The gray eyed man stepped through the portal after me and bid farewell to the other league member as they dropped the teal haired girl's limp body and went back the way they came. As soon as they stepped through the portal it disappeared, leaving the three of us alone in silence.

The man shuffled around behind me for a moment before the sound of a second pair of footsteps appeared. "Ah, Nomu. Perfect timing. Take this one to see the master, hm?" He said before motioning to the other girl. The Nomu did as it was told and walked over and scooped her up. As he hoisted her into his arms I finally caught a glimpse of her face and recognized her as Ragdoll. I thought I should feel more surprised but as my mind tried to clear itself I only felt pity that she had found herself in this place as well.

"First things first." The man said as he grabbed my arm and led me to a chair. I complied and sat down as he pulled each of my arms forward and fastened them tightly to the arms of the chair. He then reached up to grab my face and looked into my eyes. Again, my thoughts on what I should feel and what I did were not in sync. I thought I should be afraid of him using his quirk on me again. The fear of reliving more memories and experiencing more pain should have given me the urge to fight and pull away from his grasp. Indifference took hold of me however and I just stared back at him.

"I see you're still trying to find yourself. Take your time. There's something I need to do first while I still have you like this." He walked away for a moment and then returned with a syringe and what appeared to be a meat cleaver. "I know this is quite crude, but we don't have the time for slow eloquent ways."

He placed the meat cleaver down on a nearby table then knelt before me, the syringe still in his hand. I tried looking to see what was in the syringe, but even as my eyes scanned over it my brain seemed to not comprehend what it saw. 'The liquids clear, yellow... It's bright red. That looks like a big dose. He could tranquilize a horse with that... Is that an insulin needle?' My thoughts jumbled together in my head and became nonsensical jabber. I didn't even notice as he made several injections into my wrists.

When he finished he stood to retrieve the cleaver, and used it to promptly remove my freshly returned hands. I felt nothing as I watched blood pour from my severed wrists. I did however notice the familiar bursts of pink delicately traveling under my skin as my quirk attempted to stop the sea of red that was currently splashing over the concrete floor.

I was starting to feel faint by the time it stopped. The man looked over my wrists for a moment before releasing my arms from the chair. He stared at me a moment before smiling. "There, now that that's out of the way. Are you ready to talk?"

"Talk?" I muttered. "Why would we do that?"

"I figured you'd have questions." He pulled up a chair and sat down in front of me. His eyes darted around my face as he searched for something. A reaction, maybe? "Don't you want to know why you're here?"

"Does it matter?" I asked. The fog still felt thick in my mind but the memories he had returned to me were slowly unraveling before me.

His face. The operating table. The building All Might found me in. The pain. How long was I there for? I know the answer... almost 2 years. I don't remember anything before then. He was removing my organs. What for? I was using my quirk on someone... What did I do to them? Who-?

"What are you thinking about?" He asked. I jumped in surprise and brought my eyes up suddenly to see that he was mere inches away from my face. Staring.