49. Dorms

The next day was reserved for packing up my things. Since I managed to do it in a couple hours or so however, our schedule had opened up.

All Might then decided that we were going to dedicate this day to going on a shopping trip instead.

"You don't have to pick the first thing you look at you know. We have plenty of time. The movers aren't going to show up until this afternoon so we don't have to be back for a while." All Might said as he shook his head at the comforter set I'd picked out.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Well nothing's wrong, it's just, I don't know. A little plain?" He said as he scanned over the black set of bed clothes I'd chosen. "Don't girls your age like things with a little more color? This feels kind of depressing."

"This shopping trip is kinda depressing. We really don't have to do this, you know." I replied as I walked around to try and find something he'd approve of.

"I know. Think of it as something more for me than you if it helps. I hate the idea that you don't have anything to call yours. It would make me feel better if I knew your room wasn't full of standard basic living items that UA provided."

I snickered and picked up a set that was 'All Might' inspired, "What about this one?"

"Please don't."

I smirked as I put it back on the shelf. "I get where you're coming from, but I don't really care about stuff like this. So it's hard to go all out and pick something."

"I suppose. But if you are going to go with something plain you could at least get your favorite color." He suggested.

"How about you let me get the black, but I promise to pick something less, 'depressing' as a decoration, or something?"

He nodded in agreement before we went up to the counter to pay.

He ended up being stuck there for a while while people asked for pictures, autographs, and stopped to give him well wishes.

I walked around in the meantime to try and find something that would be a suitable non black/non depressing item to put in my dorm. My eyes settled on a row of shelves filled with several different stuffed animals.

'Ok stuffed animals are the polar opposite of depressing. This should be perfect.' I thought as I scanned over each one.

There were your stereotypical teddy bears, which were cute I guess. A few pandas that I liked that would match my new comforter set, but All Might would probably say I should pick something more personal. I found a stuffed zombie head that made me laugh and think of Bakugo...

"You look out of place here. I can relate." I said to the stuffed head. I tried to continue to focus on what I should pick, and to mull over the idea of the spooky stuffed item, but I kept thinking about something else... or someone else anyway. I frowned and went to put the zombie back when something else caught my eye.

This one was bigger than the zombie, about the size of a small throw pillow, and covered in soft golden fur. I stared at its face for a while before smiling softly down at it. "Yep. This is the one."

********

'I guess I never realized how big UA's campus was before. To think they had enough space to build so many dorm rooms and they aren't on top of each other or anything.' I thought to myself as I walked past rows of dorm buildings looking for class 1A's.

My shopping trip with All Might was fresh in my mind, and I wondered if my now two boxes of items had found their way here safely.

Finally a building with the words '1-A Alliance' displayed proudly on the front appeared, 'Oh that must be it! I wonder if everyone is already-?' My thoughts were interrupted as I started to round the corner and found the entire class standing in front of our new dorm building.