27. Eiko vs Bakugo

"Begin!"

Bakugo sprung into action, he immediately catapulted himself forward with his explosions and cleared the distance between us in an instant.

As he flew through the air I put both my hands up defensively as if I were planning on forming a barrier to block his attack.

He threw his hand forward quickly, to keep me from making a force field and then let off an explosion in my face. Instead of trying to block or dodge the explosion I let it hit me. My eyes instinctively clamped shut due to the force of the blast and the smoke, but I still had a good enough idea of where he was to reach up with my left hand and grab hold of the wrist of his extended arm.

'Time to put my training with Ojiro to the test.'

I pulled him closer then aimed his hand past my head. By this point my quirk was kicking in and started healing the injuries to my face. As soon as my eyes reopened I grabbed the copper bar from my pocket and quickly formed a tonfa in my right hand. In a swift motion I swung it forward and made contact with the side of his head.

My forming a weapon caught him off guard, and the impact of the tonfa made him stumble. I used that opportunity, and pulled hard on the wrist I had a hold of, and followed through with the hit from my right. Using his momentum I twisted myself around and flung him down. As his back made impact with the ground the air escaped his lungs.

I quickly straddled him and made sure to keep my hold on his right wrist as I went to swing the tonfa at his head again. I was hoping I could knock him out quickly before he had a chance to retaliate... but I underestimated him.

As I was midswing he jerked his right hand free and threw both of his palms down. The power of the explosions he let off were immense and caused me to drop the copper bar then sent me flying upwards through the air. With him right on my heels. It was no secret that he had the advantage in the air, and the only thing I could do is quickly put up a force field between us.

Right before he made contact with it he thrusted a hand forward and set off another explosion. It had no trouble at all breaking through my barrier, but I had also managed to put up another behind me. So when he went to reach for me I quickly reached back and grabbed ahold of his palms, then pulled him towards me. As soon as I did, I fell backwards through my second barrier.

He wasn't able to pass through so easily however, and face planted into a pink hazy wall before him. He glared at me through the wall and let out a vicious growl. I smirked back at him as I quickly let go of his hands and pulled my own back just in time to avoid another blast.

I landed roughly on my feet below, and as the smoke cleared from him blasting my other wall to bits, he touched down on the ground as well.

Instead of instantly jumping into the next attack we both paused and glared at one another. I suspected he was trying to come up with his next move. He probably didn't plan on me fighting so recklessly and just letting him hit me. Honestly I hadn't planned on it either, but he was so fast and precise that I really didn't have a choice.

I already knew I couldn't keep things going that way forever though. Healing myself uses up way more energy than my forcefield does... 'It would be smarter for me to back off a bit if I can.' I thought to myself.

Bakugo scoffed, "Well would you look at that? Looks like you were keeping another secret huh?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Like I already said, I wasn't obligated to tell you everything. I'm guessing you didn't give us all the secrets to your quirk either, right? You understand as well as I do that everyone here is competition. That's why you didn't want anyone to see that you got hurt in your fight with Uraraka."