43. Test of Courage

Our training picked up bright and early the next day. He let those of us that passed our finals sleep in till 8. Poor Mina was up getting remedial lessons at 7 though. Once we were all awake and at the clearing to begin our training Mina yawned loudly.

"I really need more beauty sleep..." Mina muttered as she leaned against me.

"Remedial students will be with me for extra training today." Mr. Aizawa said before shooting Mina a look, "Remember. You're not here just to improve your quirk. You're also here to overcome the many weaknesses I saw during the finals. Got it?"

Mina quickly straightened up, "Y-yes sir!"

"Also." His eyes scanned over her, myself, and over a few others in the group. "Maybe you and the other girls should be asking yourselves WHY you are more tired than the others."

We all tensed. 'Crap. Of course he knows we snuck out last night.'

"Don't let me catch a single one of you slacking off today."

"Yes sir!" We said in unison. The guys were left scratching their heads wondering what he was talking about though. Once Kaminari and I got started on our training he tried to ask me about it, but I kept it to myself.

"Indiscriminate shock!" Kaminari yelled as he threw an attack my way. I absorbed the electricity as it flicked over my skin, and then collapsed to my knees. "How was that?" Kaminari asked.

I sighed from my new position on the ground, "Shocking."

"Did I hit you too hard?"

"No that's not it. It's just really hard to contain this much power." I shook my head while looking at him, "What's shocking is that you just walk around with all this stored inside you all day with no problem at all. You make it look so easy. Meanwhile, I feel like I'm bursting at the seams."

Kaminari smirked, "Yeah I know right? I really am something aren't I?"

I just rolled my eyes in reply.

Kaminari wasn't the easiest person to train with but he was definitely the most effective. After taking several hits from him I was finally getting to the point where holding in that energy felt less painful. I didn't feel any closer to being able to control it though. That deep red force field would do my bidding for mere moments before going out of control or simply fizzling away.

Kaminari seemed to be improving quite a bit though. In fact I only had to heal him twice that day. He, like me, was ready to be finished by the time Pixie-Bob called everyone over to tell us we were done for the day. She also told us after dinner that we would be competing against Class B in some kind of test of courage. She acted like it was going to be a fun game but hearing the word 'compete' had me feeling unsure.

Still, it had to be better than playing around with the human taser all day.

Dinner went about the same as yesterday. All though Class B took over grilling duty and Class A did food prep. Which turned out way better since Bakugo didn't blow anything up, and he is apparently good with knives so I didn't have to heal anyone.

I was helping Kaminari get out plates and things when Deku approached me. He acted like he didn't want to make eye contact and nervously rubbed the back of his head, "Um hey, Eiko. I'm sorry to bother you. Do you have a minute?"

"What do you want?"

He recoiled at my question, "Oh well actually I have this problem and I was wondering if I could get your advice?"

I frowned and looked him up and down, "I'm not a doctor, so if you have some kind of weird rash I'm not healing it for you."

"W-what?! No that's not-"