Alaskan King Size

"Good morning Mr and Mrs Hansen, lets get you checked in." The man behind the hotel desk beamed at them, Lloyd slid his platinum credit card along the marble, "I see here you room has been upgraded," he taps on his keyboard, "oh! And already paid for." He hands Lloyd two room keys with an enormous smile plastered across his face.

Lloyd narrows his eyes suspiciously, "paid for by who?"

The receptionist shrugs, "I'm sorry...doesn't say."

Rebecca, who had pulled out her cell phone to let her  mother and father know that they had arrived in on piece slips the cell back into her bag, looking up at her husbands untrusting face she steps in front of him running her hands up his torso tickling his skin with her long acrylic nails, trying to calm him.
She hated it when he was this tense, they were supposed to be here to relax.

"Thank you." She winks at the receptionist grabbing the two keys from the desk, as she does a tall dark haired woman trudges toward the couple reaching for the key cards.

Lloyd throws his arm out protecting Rebecca reaching aimlessly around his back, "can I help you?" He growls aggressively, frustrated without his firearm attached to his person.

Its been so long since he was this unarmed, the unfamiliar vulnerability enhancing his state of unease.

"I'm Lorena, the uh...th...I'm...the m-m-manager." She stutters petrified as Lloyds large frame towers against her.

Rebecca shoves him, "Lloyd!" She manoeuvres between them, "I'm so sorry about him, he's under a lot of stress with work and then the wedding. Lord knows I haven't been the easiest person to deal with recently." She hands Lorena the keys, trying to break the tension with an apologetic smile.

Lloyds shoulders drop upon hearing his love talk about herself like that, "you've been perfect, this is all on me sweetheart." He dips his head sheepishly towards the manager.

Eyes still wide with fear she fakes a smile taking them to their room.

The three of them stand in the elevator in an awkward silence, Rebecca looks up at her husband his eyes glazed over as his mind works through endless scenarios, she entwines her fingers with his trying to bring him back into the moment.  Relaxing again at her touch he looks down at her twitching his moustache as he offers a small reassuring smile.

"You have the entire floor." Lorena leads the couple out of the elevator and into the penthouse honeymoon suite.

"Everything is complimentary, all you have to do is call and we'll have whatever you desire brought up." She holds her arm out showing off the grand room, "and out on the terrace you're very own private pool and jacuzzi." She hands the room keys off to Lloyd cautiously before backing towards the only exit.

"I dread to think how much this costs," Rebecca mutters under her breath, lifting her case up excitedly beginning unpacking.

Lorena's attempt at slipping out undetected was a failed attempt, Lloyd makes his way towards her while Rebecca is distracted.

"No one comes up here without my say so, understood? No surprise guests, no staff. No one." Lorena gulps slowly pulling her wrist from his grasp, she nods sheepishly scurrying off into the elevator.

When the doors close a sob of relief falters, she worries for Rebecca wondering what on earth she see's in her husband, besides his obvious good looks.

Lloyd pulls out his cell phone dialling rapidly.
"You said no work!" Rebecca hisses.

He throws his hand up, "one call." He hushes back apologetically. Mumbling inaudibly down the receiver.

"Appreciated." He ends the call abruptly tossing the phone on the table next to him.