Repeat It Back.

"Oh sweetheart, orange really isn't your colour." Lloyd grinned holding the plastic phone to his ear as he peered at Rebecca through the perspex.

Rolling her eyes Rebecca choked on a self deprecating sob, "Fuck you."

"Are you okay?" Lloyd asked.

Rebecca nodded, tears streaming down he face.
Through a shaky voice she managed to ask how Mia was.

"She's fine, don't worry. You're getting out."

It had be a really tough 12 hours. Hazel made sure Rebecca didn't talk and Lloyd made sure Hazel had a boss. Which of course infuriated her, was incredibly misogynistic of him, but she knew he just wanted the best representation for Rebecca.

It wasn't as easy as pleading self defence, Denny was the director of the CIA who was lying with his face caved in on the floor of Rebeccas home. Rebecca's mother, who she had a public altercation with a few weeks prior was lying face down with her brains spread across the room. And who's fingerprints were on the gun?  Rebecca's.

Rebecca shook her head, "The detective told me, they won't set bail for me Lloyd."

"You'll be out by the end of the day. Some new evidence was submitted." Lloyd twitched his moustache mischievously.

Rebecca stared through him clueless, unless it was CCTV footage of the incident she failed to see how anything would hold up.

"It's fucking surveillance footage isn't it?" She snapped, "you had the house rigged all along."

"Don't freak out," Lloyd cautioned.

"I did it for our own good, and just as well I did. The tape was handed over about an hour ago."

"You smug bastard."

"I prefer the term genuis." He leaned forward keeping his voice down, "But..."

Rebecca rolled her eyes, she knew what was next. She'd lived the life long enough now. "Fuck sake." She hissed.

"There will be a story," his voice was stern, "before you get released the suits will take you into a side room, they will give you a story to stick to. You wont be allowed to go to the media."

So the same as it was before, when Court and Suzanne conspired to have her abducted. When they fabricated a terrorist attack on Tower Bridge in London, killing numerous innocent people just to cover up their own mistakes.

But she didn't care. Not one bit. As long as it meant she would walk free and live her life as normal as the wife of an assassin could.

"GUNN!!" One of the guards yelled over the sea of inmate chatter. Rebecca hung up the phone and turned around to look at the burly guard, "You're OUT!"

Lloyd was right on the money, Rebecca was taken by suits into a side room. This time she was given a contract to sign. No lawyer, no other person in the room except from her and two very nervous looking CIA agents. The evidence would have been enough to ensure her release, they were here to make sure she didn't give the footage to the media. Denny Carmichael was highly respected and the reason for the agency's successes over the last decade. Painting him in any other light; a rapist, murderer, unhinged. Simply would not do.

Rebecca had them where she wanted them.

"Do you understand?" The nameless agent asked, "Repeat it back."

Rebecca pursed her lips at the condescending prick, disgusted with the sweat patches on his white shirt. She crossed her arms and leant back.

"You know, I think since I was the one sexually assaulted by the director of the CIA, and it was in fact my mother who was shot in cold blood. By. The. Director. Of. The. C. I. Fucking. A." Her stare was brutal, "What's in it for me?"

Scoffing the female agent who had been leaning against the wall stepped forward, "Your freedom, Miss Gunn." She shrugged cockily.

Rebecca curled her lip at the ox shaped woman, "We all know that the video footage alone would clear my name, don't write me off as an air head, I'm Lloyd Hansens fucking wife."

There was a short silence, Rebecca stared off between the two agents. She had them over a barrel and they knew it.

"So what, a list of demands Rebecca?" The sweaty male asked almost flippantly.

"10 million in my bank account by the end of the day,"

Another scoff from the burly female, "Is that it?"

Glaring menacingly with her lips pressed into a line Rebecca continued, "Lloyd reinstated within the agency, extra security and more protection, if he dies I release the footage." There was no way Lloyd could stand being retired. He wouldn't last a week.

"Anything else?"

Rebecca nodded, "A new home. Denny has tainted my daughters safe space, my haven with his memory. A new home, of my choosing. Completely furnished, by the end of the week."

"Miss Gunn..."

A sinister smile crept across her lips, "Repeat it back."

Both agents shared an exasperated look, Rebecca was turning out to be a pebble in the shoe of the CIA. But it wasn't a life she had asked for. She was tired and felt like throwing them a bone.

"Denny was visiting with me and my newborn daughter, waiting for my husband, his best friend to arrive home from a business trip. When an intruder knocked at the back door. He knocked Denny out, sexually assaulted me, then shot my mother as she walked through the front door. There was a struggle as Denny regained consciousness and he shot him too." She recounted the fabrication, "Happy?"

"Very." The agents agreed, slotting the signed documents into a manilla envelope, "Once again, thank you for your cooperation."

"If anything happens to my daughter or Lloyd, anything. The deal is off. We better die of old age." Rebecca warns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

This is a filler part to help round off the story

I know said the last was the second last chapter, but I've changed my mind. There may be a few more. I don't want to rush the ending. I want to give you one you all deserve.
🩷

Please vote and comment.