Happy Birthday, Lloyd.

It's been six weeks since Lloyd practically dragged Rebecca out of her bed and onto the operating table at Mass Gen Hospital.

He sat stoic in the waiting room until he heard that she was safe and in the recovery ward. What he was doing, it was right for her, for him, for them. It was.
It had to be.

He didn't go see her after, and he never visited. He left her alone to heal.

But he would have to face her eventually, because there was the matter of the divorce.

"This will be the first of hopefully only three meetings." Lloyds fancy lawyer leans across the desk to shake Rebeccas hand.

Rebecca couldn't tear her eyes away from Lloyd, how could he sit there so coldly. Not able to look at her.
She banged her cane on the ground, "Hey, You!" She called out to him across the polished mahogany. But he stared right through her.

Hazel leant into Rebecca, "It's best if you let the attorneys do the talking. Let me speak."

Clearing her throat Hazel flicks through the asset log, "this all looks to be in order. I don't think we're looking at a messy divorce. The prenup is straightforward...there really isn't anything to dispute here."

"I do." Rebecca slams her hand down on the desk, every one jumps except Lloyd, "I dispute it." She didn't try to hide the crack in her voice, "I don't want to get a divorce. Lloyd, please."

Lloyd's lawyer leaned back in his chair, rubbing his temples.

"Mrs Hansen, no one wants to get divorced." He scoffs arrogantly.

"Oh don't you Mrs Hansen me," She retorts.
Hazel pulls her friends reeled body back, trying her best to calm her client in a professional manner.
Hushing, "C'mon Rebecca, just keep your cool." Her heart breaking for poor sweet Rebecca.

Lloyd turns his head and whispers into the ear of the attorney. He stares at Lloyd for a moment, in shock. Something in Lloyds eyes made him hold his breath, before he nods in return.

"Mr Hansen is prepared to give you more than the prenup, the entire contents of his bank account and the apartment you share."

"Thats a good offer Becca." Hazel taps her leg, "It's everything. He's giving you everything."

"Not everything." A fat tear rolls down her cheek.
She shook her head, "I don't want it. I don't want anything. I only want you, Lloyd."
She reaches her hand out in front of him, "Please Lloyd, please look at me. Don't do this..." She weeps fragilely.

It was heartbreaking scene to bear witness to, especially after everything Rebecca had already been through.  Hazel looked up towards the ceiling discretely trying to blink the tears back. Unable to keep her professionalism, she allowed her humanity to break through her attorney armor, reaching for Rebecca's hand underneath the table. 
"It's okay." She whispered. 
Rebecca half turned her head, her broken eyes unable to hold on.  A final glance down at the paperwork in front of her.  Their two names written side by side, irreconcilable differences stated as the reason.  Nothing but a sheet of paper solidifying the reality that her whole world was caving in, and no matter how hard she sobbed, or fought against it.  It was inevitable.

Hazel cleared her throat, looking across the desk to the two men, "We need a minute--"

Lloyds representative cut her off, "Lets call for lunch shall we?  Limoncello?" He glanced around the room for approval. 

Rebecca slid her chair back abruptly, racing out of the room.  What she didn't see was when she moved so urgently, was the way Lloyd jumped.
Hazel saw.