The Defibrilator

Lloyd shakes hands with the Czech jeweller, "Alan, will you see our friend out?" He tosses a deep green leather ring box high into the air, spinning on his heels before it cockily catching it.

Suzanne watches on in disgust as he shimmies towards her.

"Perfect, Suzanne...this is perfect." He opens the box and flaunts the diamond in front of her. He lifts it out and holds it in the palm of his hand.

Suzanne suppresses acidic bile, unable to tell if it's ironic or not that he is holding this dainty symbol of love for his precious Rebecca, in the hand that just ripped a women to shreds.

"You're disgusting." She mutters.

Lloyd sneaks into the apartment careful not to make any noise, he arrived back in Boston around 2:30am and told Denny he would catch up at a later date. He had something, or rather someone important he wanted to get home to.

He had imagined Rebecca sprawled out in their large bed, taking up as much space as her perfect frame could. He set down his duffle bag down by the door, sliding into the bedroom to find her curled up underneath the duvet. The only part of her body that was visible was her long leg where the covers had been bunched up between them.
God, how he missed her.  Her scent, the feel of her supple skin underneath his.  If the last few days taught him anything, he didn't deserve her but he couldn't live without her.  Lloyd wanted to crawl into bed beside her and put that ring on her finger.  Solidify his love for her.  Make her his forever.  He didn't want to waste a single moment.

Pulling back the covers slowly he presses his body against Rebecca's, his nose finding the scent of her coconut shampoo immediately. And in that moment he forgot all about the diamond ring burning a hole in his pocket, he was home.

Rebecca's eyes snap open feeling Lloyd's breath on her neck as he ghosts kisses there, "Hi." She sobs out in relief turning her body around to face him, crashing herself into his chest.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" He cradles her, immediately concerned.

He feels the shake of he head brushing against him, "I was just so worried, that's all."
Lloyd could tell it was something more. But he wouldn't press her, not now.

"I missed you so much, Becca."
"Please don't leave again, I don't think I'll cope." Her voice catches on a breath.
Hearing the emotion in her voice cracked him open, "I'll always come back, I promise."

Rebecca woke with a jolt of life sparking in her chest, Lloyd was home. She slipped out of bed quietly without waking him, which had been a covert operation in itself as his arms had been locked around her frame since he snuck his way in to their bed.
She thought she would let him sleep late, his adorable soft snores gave away his deep sleep. It was thrilling knowing that he was home, and that they were together again. Life was perfect, as long as they were together.

Standing over the highly technical coffee machine that she has never had the desire to learn how to use, she loses herself staring into the bottom of an empty mug. Wondering if she should tell Lloyd about the fight, if you could even call it that, with her dad. 

A pair of arms wrap around her waist startling her,  Lloyd lifts Rebecca off of the ground, squeezing her in a tight embrace.
"No, no, no!" She protests, "go back to bed! I was going to wake you with coffee, and a kiss."  She pulls away from him fussing around with the contraption he calls his defibrillator.

Standing back to watch her squirm as the machine begins to hiss, Lloyd begins to chuckle, "allow me, please." He ushers her out of the way.
"But..."
"But nothing Rebecca, you know I need real coffee and not that middle school instant shit you drink.  So, move that delicious ass of yours out of the way and let me do it."