Moustache Full Of Frosting

Glancing down for what feels like the hundredth time at the engagement gift from Arthur that hangs heavy on her wrist. Rebecca let out a tired sigh, the big hand on the expensive Rolex flicks past the delicate number three. Lloyd, was now forty five minutes late. Which admittedly was unusual for him, he was always bang on time.
She silently cursed him, and his job. He was working a lot lately. He left for Paris the day before yesterday, and had absolutely promised her that he would be back on time.

It wouldn't have been a problem for her to reschedule, because these things happen. And he works hard to provide for them.

"I'm sorry, my fiancé is never late." Rolling her eyes as she apologises to the patissier. Fiancé, she'll still never get used to calling him that.

Finally, Lloyd strolls through the door taking off his sunglasses and clipping them onto his shirt. Walking right up to his wife he wraps his hand around the back of her head, pulling her into a deep kiss. Tickling her cupids bow with his moustache.

"Sorry I'm late, sweetheart." He locks into her eyes trying to suss out how much trouble he is in. But, as always Rebecca beams up at him.

"That's okay." She presses her lips softly on his. "You look handsome. Is that a new shirt?" She tugs the hem of the fine knit, orange and black geometric print polo shirt.

Lloyd smirks raising his brow, nothing gets past his Rebecca.

He is so irritatingly charming.

"It is, I got it while I was away." Lloyd tucks a lock of Rebeccas blonde hair behind her ear, brushing his lips against her ear, "I might have got you something too." He whispers seductively.

"Shall we get started?" The chef shows the couple to a little table by the window. He brings out numerous plates filled with little slices of different cakes, decorated in white frosting.

Lloyd, lifts a fork and hands it to Rebecca, "this one first, beautiful?" He takes a piece of Red Velvet off the end and pops it into his mouth. His taste buds erupt as the over whelming sweetness takes over.

"I like them all," she clamps her hand on her cheek, "I can't decide. You pick." She glances at Lloyd who narrows his eyes in at the plates intently. Scrutinising every one.

"Didn't like that one, carrots in cake. Fucking weird."

"Lloyd." Rebecca hisses.

He hands it to the patissier, twitching his eyebrows apologetically. Silly him, where were his manners.

"Did you like this one?" He takes off another little taster of the chocolate, reaches over and feeds it to Rebecca.

She covers her mouth while she chews, "I did, it's very decadent."

Lloyd nods, delving his fork into the Red Velvet again. "I agree." The corners of his mouth turn up into a cheeky grin, he takes a large bite of cake getting frosting on his face.

Rebecca bites the inside of her cheek to stave away a giggle. Before she can reach across to wipe his mouth, Lloyd turns to the baker.

"I know! This'll be fun, you pick." The chef furrows his brow pointing to himself, "yes you...you decide for us, and it'll be a surprise on the day."