Santa Sweetheart.

Flashback

The snow was coming down in thick, white blankets, and Lloyd knew Rebecca would be captivated by it. He adjusted the collar of his thick, black dress coat as he stepped out into the blizzard and smiled at the untouched snow - Rebecca's favourite. He could almost picture her excited face as she scurried around the classroom, picking up the children one by one to show them the crisp winter wonderland outside the window.

"Mr. Hansen," Archie held open the door to his town car, a gesture of respect. Lloyd tilted his head, sliding into the back seat. "Thank you," he said, his voice tinged with concern. "Did Rebecca make it to work alright?"

"I don't take Rebecca to work, Mr. Hansen," Archie replied, starting the engine. "I wait for her every morning, and every morning she walks." Of course, she did. Lloyd scoffed inwardly at Rebecca's determination to remain independent.

The short drive to the school seemed to take an eternity due to the congested Christmas traffic and inclement weather. Nevertheless, Lloyd arrived with plenty of time to spare, standing in line with the excited parents as they purchased raffle tickets while they waited to be ushered to their seats.

"I wonder what Miss Becca wore today?" one of the fathers asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Lloyd's heart sank at the sound of his beloved's name coming from the lips of another man. His blood boiled with rage. It took every shred of what decency he had left not to fire a bullet through his skull.

"Did you see her dressed up for Thanksgiving? She was the hottest pilgrim I've ever seen - she looked like something straight out of the cover of an erotic novel!" The second dad almost choked as his wife returned to the line, her brow furrowed in confusion.

"What are you two talking about?" she asked, tucking a stray lock of brown hair back into her bun.

Her husband shook his head, stammering, "Nothing, just uh...wondering...uh..."

"Miss Becca?" she scoffed, catching on to her husband's ruse.

Just as the second wife arrived back in line, she asked, "Why is everyone so silent? What's going on?" Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to decipher the expressions on their faces.

"TJ and Ross were discussing Miss Becca, Claire," one of them replied. "Something about a sexy pilgrim?"

Claire gave them an agreeable look and said, "I mean, she is gorgeous." She shrugged off her husband's well-placed crush and added, "Come on, Izzy, you can't deny it. She's hot."

"She makes it impossible to hate her as well," Izzy admitted. "She's so adorable and so good with the kids. They just love her."

Lloyd bit his inner cheek, suppressing a chuckle. Everything they said was accurate. He would, however, need to have a discussion with Rebecca about the Pilgrim costume. He had been in South Africa for work during Thanksgiving, so they hadn't spent it together.

Izzy started rummaging through her purse, glancing up at the group. "Have you seen her husband?" she asked.

""She's engaged?" Both husbands exclaimed in unison, their voices tinged with a hint of envy. "You mean you haven't seen the rock?" Claire asked, her eyes wide as she. "Lucky woman!"

TJ gritted his teeth. "Lucky guy."

Claire quickly glanced behind her to assess the length of the line, and her breath caught in her throat when she saw Lloyd, his gaze fixed intently on the four of them. A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as he raised his eyebrows in a mischievous manner, as if he was privy to a secret.