I Like Him

Rebecca's eyes dart open, an icy blast of water drenches her face.
"She's awake." A female with bobbed shoulder length brown hair stands in front of her arms folded holding an empty cup in one hand and a gun in the other, he large brown eyes staring Rebecca down.
Rebeccas head swings on the end of her neck heavily, a painful headache rushing over her.
She tries her best to remain calm but everything in her tells her to fight.
She begins to convulse, quickly realising that she is strapped to a chair, each of her ankles tied to the legs and her hands pinned behind her back with plastic cable ties.
The woman marches closer "please don't scre-"
Rebecca opens her lungs screaming as loud as she can, ripping her throat raw.

"Fox! Shut her the hell up!" A male voice yells from the other side of the wooden door.
"Yes boss." Fox mutters as she slaps Rebecca across the face with the back of her hand, drawing blood from her lip, "now I gotta cover that pretty mouth." She slaps some thick silver duct tape across, smirking at her terrified prisoners muffled sobs. Fox chuckles sinisterly as she leaves Rebecca weeping alone in the room.

Through her teary eyes Rebecca takes in her surroundings; she is locked in some sort of bedroom, assuming that means she is in a house.  The furniture that surrounds her is grand, an old fashioned polished dark oak dresser sits to her left, on her right a large bay window is covered with wooden shutters, the tiny beams of sunlight that stray through the spaces between the only telltale sign that it is day time.
Her shoulders ache from the strain of her hands being tied behind her back, she twists them trying to break free but the plastic cable ties cut raggedly into her wrists with each tiny movement.
A burst of sobs ripples through her chest, where is she?
Why has she been taken?
"Lloyd will come for me, he will.  He will find me." Her weary tears fall perpetually down her face.
Lloyds CIA skills will kick in and he will find her, of that she is one hundred percent sure.

***

Lloyd breathes deeply in the elevator preparing himself for the inevitable fight he is about to have with Rebecca.
He hates fighting with her, they don't do it often so it always hurts more when they do.
But in his heart and his head he knows he is right, something doesn't sit well with him, this room and its anonymous benefactor. Theres more to it, something else is at play here.
He wishes he had been upfront with Rebecca from the beginning, but he wanted to start a fresh life with her, and now it was built on lies.

Just as the elevator reaches the floor of their penthouse suite he decides in that moment that he is going to tell her everything.
The whole truth.

"Rebecca! Are you in the shower?" He hears the water running, glancing down at his watch realising he has some time before he needs to bring her world tumbling down. Maybe he can soften the blow with some shower sex first.
He slides down his shorts, whipping off his t-shirt he saunters into the bathroom, "Becca?" His velvety smooth voice calls around the shower door.

His heart plummets into the pit of his stomach, the empty shower left running, Rebeccas passport, cell phone and wedding ring float around the over flowing tray.
"Fuck! No no no no." He shouts, slapping the side of his head, he runs into the bedroom fumbling around to get dressed. He reaches into his overnight bag for his gun, but its missing too.
He lets his lungs give out screaming loudly, connecting his fist with the wall bursting open his knuckles.
"Thalia is the plane fully stocked?" He pants down his cell.
"Yes Boss."
"Have someone clear this room." He looks around at their belongings, remembering he left Rebecca naked, bile bubbles in his stomach.
Furious with himself for leaving her alone he searches around the room for signs of a struggle, for blood, anything that will lead him to her.
"Boss?"
"Shes gone. Rebecca's gone. Someone has taken her."
"Lloyd." Thalia gasps losing her professional manner.
"Get me everything you have on every guest, every visitor in this fucking hotel."
"Yes Boss."

***

"I though you were going on one date then ghosting the creep?" Hazel twirls her auburn hair around her finger, barely paying any attention to Rebecca as she flutters her thick eyelashes at the bartender.

Rebecca looks down at her long nails admiring the fresh manicure, "I know but he's something special Haze, honestly. And his eyes...they are something else."
Hazel arches her brow, "but the 'stache Bex? I suppose if you get in deep enough you could convince him to get rid of it."

Rebecca couldn't imagine him without it, in-fact it was up there in the list of things she liked most about him.
It made him different, and he would be still handsome without it.
"I like it." She shrugs sliding her card over the machine to pay for their afternoon drinks, "I like him." She admits proudly.
Hazel giggles mockingly, "I can see that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:
Thanks for being patient with me, I finish work tomorrow for SIX WEEKS! So I'll have more time to devote to it.
Please drop a vote & some feedback.