Oh, Rebecca.

TW

Rebeccas eyes open slowly, her first thought was Lloyd and if he was there. But then she heard his snores coming from her left side.  Her fingers entwined with his as his head lay on the bed next to her.
"You're going to have a strained neck lying like that." She whispers, reaching and sweeping hair away from his face.
Lloyds eyes flicker open, he blows through a relieved sigh at the sight of her tired eyes, "Hi beautiful."

"I want to go home, Lloyd." Rebecca sobs out urgently, "I'm wasting away in here."

"I don't think...it's not looking likely, sweetheart." His gaze falls, he hates disappointing her. As much as he wants to take her home, he wants more than anything for her to be safe. He wants it more than her happiness.

Rebecca snaps her head away from him, she stares longingly out the window. Allowing a river of tears to soak the hospital pillow underneath.

An hour passes and there had barely been a word uttered between them.
Lloyd lets out a frustrated sigh abruptly rising from his seat, "I'm going to get a coffee, want one?"
Rebecca stares right through him. "Great, Rebecca. You're being very mature you know." He storms out, attempting to slam the door behind him but the slow close hinge makes it impossible.

"Morning, Lloyd!" The nurses at the station beam as he trudges past.
He stops dead, "she's being fucking impossible." He throws out his hand towards his wife's room.
He didn't wait for a response, he wasn't looking for one. He just needed to release his frustrations.

As he made his way to the coffee shop his cell phone vibrates in his pocket, "Lloyd Hansen." He answers, not bothering to look and see who was calling.

"Lloyd, its Doreen." He winces at the sound of her voice, "I'm calling for an update on my daughter."

Shit. He had forgotten to message her when Rebecca woke up.

"She roused about an hour ago."

Doreen scoffs, "And?"

"And what? She's pissed that she's had a set back, what more can I say?"

"Put her on."

"She's not talking to anyone."

"I said put her on." Doreen all but yells.

Lloyd rolls his eyes, "I've just gone to get some coffee, I'll have her call you when I get back." The lack of sleep and the constant nag of stress suffocating his brain has exhausted all of his patience. He ends the call abruptly.

The hospital coffee shop is busy, as usual. Normally, Lloyd would forget it and head up back to the room. Not today, this time he decided to go across the street to Starbucks. He needed to get out of that stuffy room, get away from the beeping machines blanketed by Rebecca's silence.

"Just an americano, to go." He mumbles, reaching into his pocket for his card.

The young pretty brunette behind the counter begins fiddling with the loud machine.
Turning back around with Lloyds drink she sets it down,  "it's on the house, you look like you've had a bad morning."

"I'm fucking married you moron." He grabs the coffee from the counter.

***

"Everything alright in here, Rebecca?" Juliette peers around the door.
She takes small cautious steps into the room, pursing her lips sympathetically as her gaze falls on Rebecca's blotched cheeks.
"What happened?" Rebecca asks, before Juliette can answer Doctor Paterson appears.

"So it's likely that the cause of your seizure has been stress, Rebecca. Do you understand?" The doctor simpers gently.

"So when can I go home?" Her lips press themselves into a thin line as she waits for the answer. Doing her best to stop the bottom one from trembling.
Doctor Paterson is the only one who can sign her discharge papers, he is the one holding her back.