Mistook Sadness For Weakness.

Have you ever been consumed by such an intense fury that you lose all sense of control? Rebecca had never experienced such a feeling until now. As she fastened the lead onto Tony's royal blue collar and stepped out of her front door, she knew exactly where she was headed. It was a route she had taken countless times before - walk to the end of the tree-lined street, take a left around the back of her row of houses, and then back again. Tony's tiny legs didn't require much exercise, so it was a routine that either she or Lloyd would take turns doing every night.

But this time, something was different. Instead of turning left, Rebecca's legs carried her straight ahead. She walked and walked until she arrived at her familiar hell - the grey door of her childhood home. Nothing had changed, and yet everything was different.

Rebecca stood there, staring at the steps leading up to the door, her mind racing with conflicting thoughts. She knew she should turn around and go back home, but something inside her compelled her to climb those steps and rap her fingers on the door.

Royce Gunn was taken aback by the sudden appearance of Rebecca. His eyes widened in surprise as he stumbled backwards, struggling to comprehend her presence. "Rebecca?" he stuttered, "What are you doing here?"

Without a word, Rebecca pushed past him, dragging Tony along with her. Royce was left standing there, bewildered and confused.

Rebecca's voice trailed off as she struggled to find the words to explain her unexpected visit. Royce's brows furrowed as he peered over her shoulder, searching for Lloyd.

Suddenly, Doreen appeared from the living room, her pastel nightgown a stark contrast to the tense atmosphere in the room. "What do you want?" she snapped.

Rebecca hesitated, unsure of how to respond. She had come here with the intention of yelling and screaming, but now, as she looked at her parents, she couldn't bring herself to do it. She felt sorry for them, alone in their little house.

The walls of her own home reverberated with the sounds of joy and laughter, the playful bickering between parents. Tony's barking and Mia's kitten like crying filling the air with a symphony of happiness. It was a world of technicolour, bursting with vibrant life and energy. But this place, this sterile and lifeless room, felt like a bereavement ward in a hospital.

Rebecca took a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation she knew she needed to have. With a determined look in her eyes, she turned to her mother and spoke.

"You met Mia," she said, her voice firm and unwavering.

Doreen nodded, her expression fearful and uncertain. Her response earned an angered glance from Royce, who clearly had no idea that his wife had met their grand daughter.

Rebecca's stern expression softened as she spoke of her daughter. "She's beautiful, isn't she?" she asked, her voice filled with love and adoration.

Doreen nodded again, her throat tight with emotion.

"I just love her so much," Rebecca continued, her voice growing more passionate with each word. "Everything she does is magical. When she looks at me with those eyes, oh man, I just melt. There isn't a single thing I wouldn't do for her."

The room was filled with tension and emotion, as Rebecca's words hung in the air like a weighty confession

"Rebecca," Doreen interrupted, but Rebecca held up her hand, silencing her mother.

"I'm not finished," she snapped.

She took a deep breath and continued, "I spent my entire pregnancy sick with worry that I would have to work hard at myself to love her. Do you know how sad I am now, knowing that the love was already in me?"