Mama, I'm Falling For A Monster. I Just Don't Know It Yet.

"Boss," Alans voice comes over the shrill ringing of a cell phone.

Lloyd rolls his eyes, he had been busy going over his attack strategy, "No cell phones while I'm working. Fuck!" he slams his gun down on the little table attached to the seat, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Alan places the cell on the arm of the chair, "It's Mrs Hansens, boss." His gruff voice almost always carried the same nonchalant tone, never showing any emotion. But there was something different about it, Alan sounded nervous.

Lloyd glances down at the buzzing cell, his heart falling into his stomach at the sight of 'Mom' on the screen. It was bound to happen eventually, but it didn't stop him forgetting all about them.

"Hi Mrs Gunn," he clears his throat staving back the guilt and aggression, "I must apologise, Becca has just gone to the spa. But I'll be sure to tell her you called."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the call but it was broken quickly by the attempted stifle of a sob, "cut the shit Lloyd. You're telling us Rebecca is at the spa, but we have just received a very disturbing photo from Court Gentry which says otherwise." Rebeccas mother breaks down unable to continue, there comes an awkward rustling as Lloyd hears the cell being passed on.

"Where the fuck is our daughter Hansen?" Rebeccas father seethes down the line.
For the first time in his life Lloyd is speechless.
"I'm handling it." He growls.
"You tell me whats going on Lloyd, I'm calling the cops."
"If you call the cops they'll only get in my way, and I won't be able to fix it."
"You're lies did this to her.  I begged her not to marry you! I knew from the beginning something was wrong with you, and now look where she is. How do we even know shes alive?"
Lloyd pulls back remembering that he was going to treat this like a mission and stop being emotionally involved.
"Shes alive."
"You don't know that!"
He ends the call. Throwing Rebeccas cell across the plane.
"Get me EVERYTHING on Six. I wanna find his niece, and this time I'm not letting up."

***

"Mama! Its me...and I've brought someone to meet you." Rebecca beams nervously as she leads Lloyd by the hand into her quaint family home.

She fiddles with the plain white t-shirt thats tucked into her mom jeans placing a hand over the bottom of her stomach.
Lloyd hates how insecure she can be over her body, to him it is the most perfect body he has ever seen.
"Hey, you okay?" He pulls her wrist, bringing her back to him.

She glances at herself in the mirror on the wall of the short hallway, "I'm fine." She flashes her best fake smile, "Do I look okay, do I look pretty?" She untucks the shirt her eyes deepening into sadness.

"You are beautiful." Lloyd leans in kissing her, doing his best to settle her. He pushes the shirt back into her jeans.  She had been totally comfortable in herself when she left his place that morning, why had that suddenly changed?

"What's this?" Rebecca's mom, Doreen hangs in the doorframe with a pie in her hands.
Lloyd notices right away that she is tall and slender, taller than Rebecca which is unusual because Rebecca was around 5ft 7. But it was easy to see where she got her looks, the similarities were uncanny.

"Mom, this is Lloyd. My boyfriend." Rebecca grips Lloyds hand tightly.

He turns his head and looks at her uneasy smile.
"I'm very pleased to meet you Mrs Gunn." Letting go of her vice grip, "please let me take this for you." He reaches for the pie, Doreen leads him through to the small dining area.

"Royce! Royce! Becca's here, and you'll never guess what she brought with her." Lloyd sets the pie down on the table, glancing around the room. Although the house was small, it was beautifully decorated. It was warm and homely. Just like his Rebecca. But there were forlorn undertones reflected all around.