Google...

Rebecca's nurse, Juliette follows Royce into her room, "Mr Gunn, Rebecca's got a long recovery in front of her. If you don't mind the doctor would like to speak with you both."

"What about, Lloyd? He should be here, he's my husband." Rebecca shuffles in the bed trying to get comfortable.

Royce rolls his eyes, "Becca, he's outside the room refusing to come in and see you. What does that say?"

Juliette dips her head, slipping out of the room. She can feel the tension building.

Rebecca presses the call button on her remote repeatedly, "LLOYD HANSEN! YOU COME IN HERE RIGHT NOW!" She yells holding her finger down, raising the top half of her body to see out of the window, trying to get a glimpse of him.

Royce grabs the remote away from her. He stares into her bloodshot eyes for a moment before breaking the gaze to look around at the wires and machines that surround her, "we've been 'briefed'."
He sighs.

"What do you...what are you talking about?" Rebecca's eyes knit together as she settles back down into her bed, defeated by exhaustion.

"Your mother and I have been given a story to stick to, do you know that they have agents sitting outside our house twenty four seven, Rebecca. What have you gotten us into? You're mother is devastated, she's mortified." He rubs his temples, rising from the seat to pace around the room.

Rebecca doesn't know how to respond, she didn't ask for any of this admittedly neither did they but it was done now and there wasn't anything anyone could do.  They just had to get on with it.

A knock came at the door, a welcome interruption in the thick silence between father and daughter.

The door opened, and a short man in dark blue scrubs and a mint green cap stuck his head around, Rebecca slumped back down, heartbroken.

"Lloyd! Please!" She yelped while the door was open.

"Mr Gunn, Mrs Hansen. I'm Doctor Paterson, I just wanted to sit down and discuss the emergency surgeries you had, and where we are going to go from there." He takes a seat on the chair next to Rebecca, while Royce leans against the window sill. His mouth pressed together in a thin line.

"Okay." Rebecca whispers, beginning to fall weary.

"You had a through and through gunshot wound to the lower abdomen. luckily it skimmed all vital organs grazing your appendix although which we removed. However, the gunshot wound you received in your leg caused a femur fracture and you will require another surgery to remove the pins. You lost a lot of blood Mrs. Hansen. We consider you to be very lucky." He pats the back of Rebeccas hand reassuring her that she will make a full recovery, "any questions, Mrs Hansen?"

"Rebecca, please. How long will I be here, in London?"

Doctor Paterson purses his lips, "a few more weeks, you're not ready to fly back to the states just yet. But lets take it day by day, okay? I'll let your husband know."

"Don't!" Rebecca snaps, "If he wants information, if he wants to know anything he can come in here and ask me. You tell him, that his wife want's to speak with him!" She looks down at her bare hand, "and where are my god damn rings?!" She knew she didn't have them when she was captured, but she had thought someone, Lloyd, would have put them on her by now.

She felt lost without them, without him.

Royce circled around the bed, "Weeks Rebecca, weeks?"

"I'm sorry." She sniffled.

Royce had a sudden wave of guilt as he looked down at his daughters welling eyes, he was angry with Lloyd and frustrated that he couldn't do anything to help Rebecca and it was coming across as though he was irritated with her. He just wanted more for his only child.