Chapter 05

#05 -  FIVE YEARS LATER!!!!

I'm now a 25 year old qualified architect at Sibalkhulu Architects and Construction. Mom had advised me to register my business while doing my third year so that I'll be sorted when I've graduated. She definitely made sure to advise me on how to go about with my business , she'd stay up with me while I did my presentations , she'd listen when I practised and made sure to correct me wherever I was wrong. After I scored myself three investors , she referred me to some of her best paying clients and I'm happy to say I now have about 50 employees and I'm actually thinking of expanding to Durban maybe. My 21st was the bomb! Dad bought me a black Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe , mom got me a ten floor old building in Bedfordview that I had to renovate or rebuild myself and turn it into something good , I loved it.

The boys decided to follow in mom's footsteps , they were both in business. Sim had a diploma in Logistics and Lele in Business Management Sciences. After they both had graduated they worked in mama's company , they have also moved out to their own place. They sharing the place

Dad : "Lando. Your mom wants to see you." She had been bedridden for the past two months and I never moved out of home by the way. I make my way upstairs , I knock then enter.

Me : "Mama."  She smiles wearily , she looks so tired but still beautiful.

Mom : "They still not returning your calls?" I nod feeling sad on her behalf.

Me : "They made excuses about being swamped with work."

Mom : "You also have work but here you are. Why can't they understand that I didn't make myself sick , I never asked for this." She speaks with her voice breaking through her shortness of breath. Whenever she talks she has to take deep breaths now. I lay next to her and snuggle in her arms.

Me : "They'll come mom."

Mom : "Thank you so much sthandwasami. You've never given me trouble , I will admit. Raising you was a breath of fresh air well besides the time when you sneaked out to go see your boyfriend when you thought we were asleep." We both chuckle.

Me : "Come on mama."

Mom : "You have made me proud and beyond. I will make sure to brag about you in the heavens. Watching you grow scared me so much because you were growing to become more and more like me but you just made wiser and smarter decisions. It was like I watching myself righting my wrongs. I want you to know that I'm very thankful of your love and support during this time , you made sure everything was accordingly , you made sure to spoil me and I'm happy. I know many things will be taken care of and you'll be the world's biggest star. As always remember that life isn't all sweet and roses , remember that whenever life takes you down it's only preparing you for your biggest breakthrough. I wish people will recognize you as the star you were to me. Thank you for taking care of my boys when your father was slacking but now you will be free. Baby I want you to live your life now for you , put yourself first now and make yourself happy now. I love you more than words could ever describe. Remember that I didn't name you Landokuhle for no reason , I want you to be good & do good all the time. I love you so much pumpkinpatch." She presses a long kiss on my forehead then my cheeks , nose and lips.

Me : *Crying*  "I love you so much mama."

Mom : "Call your father please." I walk out of their bedroom , I find dad in the kitchen making mom food.

Dad : "She's not asleep yet?" He asks when I walk in the kitchen.

Me : "No , she said I must call you." He nods and walks upstairs with the tray of food. Just as he disappeared , the door bursts open and my all my older siblings walk in with their spouses and kids , I just walk out. I'm so angry at them , it's not even funny.