Chapter 15

It's been a great six months dating Kabelo. Kabelo is such a great boyfriend , like he always shows up and well we do have our normal couple fights but we good. He has proven himself all the time that he is a great partner. On the other hand I'm still a loner with no friends , the only friends I have is just my dad and small brothers. Dad moved to a farmhouse in Free State that apparently has been their get away house with mom for the past 13 years , to say I was shocked would be understating it. I still haven't spoken to my older siblings ever since and dad tried honestly but I just wasn't ready to forgive as yet plus they hadn't shown any interest in apologizing or even mending our relationship , well it's not like we've had a relationship whatsoever. With my older siblings I was only close to my brothers only , all my brothers and with my sisters , nothing! They've always kept that space between us , reminding us that they were older. It remained like that since since. I was getting ready to go to MaGumede's orphanage , I've been spending some of my time there too.

MaGumede : "Hi my baby."  She greets engulfing me in a hug once I enter the house.

Me : "Hi mah."

MaGumede : "The younger kids went out today with my husband and the teens are doing their own things." I nod and help here with cooking since she was doing that. When we done I go outside to go call Kabelo , I dial him but it sends me straight to voicemail. Only then do I notice his text

"Baby , I have an important meeting in Durban ASAP and I promise to see you before you sleep."

Argh. He always tells me what his up to and it makes it easier for me to also do the same. I notice a girl sitting alone as I was about to go back inside

Me : "Hey."  I greet her as I settle next to her. She turns to me and stares at me briefly then looks ahead again.

Her : "Hi sis Lando."

Me : "What's your name again? I keep confusing you guys names."

Her : "I'm Nontokozo Mkhize."

Me : "How old are you?"

Nonto : "I'm 11 years old today."  She smiles sadly.

Me : "Happy birthday love."

Nonto : "Thank you sis Lando." I smile.

Me : "Why aren't you doing anything fun like the others or you like your peace and quiet?" 

Nonto : "I don't really have friends plus I'm an all time loner."

Me : "Not anymore babes , I'm here now."  She smiles at me.

Nonto : "Thank you."

Me : "Let's go for ice cream fast." I stand up and offer her my hand , helping her to stand then we dust ourselves and we walk to the house.

Me : "Mah. Can I take Nonto with me , I'll bring her back before supper I promise."

MaGumede : "No problem sis. Have fun Ntokozo okay?" She smiles and nods. We walk to my car and get in then we buckle up and I start the car then drive off.

Me : "Play some music baby." She smiles shyly.

Nonto : "I don't know how to." I smile and nod then instruct her on how to as I drive.

#

We finally arrived in the mall. I take her to the salon - I usually go to for my hair -to do her hair.

Hairdresser : "so what do you wanna do young lady?"  Nonto smiles shyly and glances at me.

Me : "Small Bob braids will do and please add those beads." I'm sitting by the couches having a glass of water as I wait. I'm listening to Lexi - the hairdresser as she tells her dramatic stories.

Lexi : "Oh my God!?! This is a true definition of an art , an angel." I look up from my phone to see what they talking about and it's non other than my idiotic boyfriend. He looks around then his eyes meet mine , he smiles showing off his dimple.

Lexi : "Yoh! Jesu!" I facepalm myself and look down. He sits next to me and throws his arm around me then pulls me to him.

Me : "What are you doing here Musawenkosi?" He smiles and kisses me but I break it fast.

Kabelo : "I missed you baby , didn't you miss me?" I roll my eyes at him. The stares that are coming this side are irritating me and it doesn't help that this guy is glued to my hip. After almost an hour later , Nonto was done. Kabelo pays then we walk out after bidding goodbye. We go shopping for Nonto and she's smiling so much which warms my heart.

Nonto : "Thank you so much sis Lando." She says hugging my waist , I smile and crouch down then kiss her forehead.

Me : "Its a pleasure my love."

Kabelo : "Now where do you wanna eat little miss?" He asked picking Nonto up and carry her. They seem to get along by the way.