Chapter 31

#31

I'm almost nine months and I'm tired , tired of everything. Tomorrow I'll be fetching Nonto from my sister's house. The devil's are still crowding my house.

Khanya : "So you'll let them do as they please in your house?" She asks angrily.

Me : "No , in a few minutes they'll be out." As of cue , the police van drives in and I welcome them then lead them to the lounge where MaVezi and her crew are sitted eating my food.

Patrick : "Mrs Ngubane. Are these the people you were taking about?" I nod.

Me : "Yes detective."

Patrick : "Okay. Ma'am , sir and lady ; may you all kindly take your belongings and leave this yard. If you don't do that in the next ten minutes then consider yourselves arrested." MaVezi starts shouting dramatically.

MaVezi : "SHE IS NOT MY SON'S  WIFE , THIS IS MY SON'S WIFE!!!"  She shouts pointing at the woman she came with.

Patrick : "Ten minutes is up , officers arrest them." I watch them as they get handcuffed , they walk out with them and MaVezi is still shouting all sorts of insults at me.

Khanya : "Good job sis! Way to go!" She high-fives me. I open the fridge to get my mango juice , I don't go a day without having my mango juice. Mango is one of my huge pregnancy cravings. I pour a full glass then gulp it at one-go then pour another one. I hear Khanya talking to the phone as I put the juice back in the fridge. Just as I am about to take another sip of my juice

Lethu : "DON'T DRINK THAT!!" He shouts running inside the house. I start feeling intense pain in my abdomen area then start feeling dizzy.

Khanya : "Lethu kaMah! Something's happening to her!" Then it's lights out.

_________________

#Narrated!

Lethu quickly rushes to catch her sister before she could collide with the cold floor. He picks her up and runs to the car while Khanya locks the door and follows him to the car. Lethu speeds driving to the hospital. Lando is immediately admitted , she was covered in her own blood.

Khanya : "let me call dad and everyone else." Lethu nods carelessly with tears streaming his face. They sit for two full hours waiting for any updates from the doctors.

Muzi : "What the he'll are they doing?! We've been here for hours man nxxa!!" He shouts kicking chairs and cursing.

Dlamini : "Calm down son." The doctor emerges from theatre.

Doctor : "Landokuhle Ngubane?"

Muzi : "Dlamini-Ngubane."

Doctor : "Okay so Mrs Ngubane was currently in theatre and we had to perform an immediate c-section on her to save the babies. We found cocaine in her system which caused placental abruption. The babies are currently in NICU since the cocaine affected their lungs which by the way weren't fully developed."

MaDlamini : "Oh Nkosi yami!"  She cries and her husband comforts her.

MaShandu : "How's my granddaughter then?" He sighs heavily taking his glasses off.

Doctor : "She's currently in ICU cause we found a huge dosage of the drug. We cannot tell what will happen with her."

MaShandu : "Kanti kwenzakalani kuthina?!" (What's really happening with us?) She cries softly. The doctor excuses himself leaving the Dlamini and Ngubane family distraught.

Muzi : "How did those drugs even end up in her system?!"

Khanya : "Oh my God!!! It's her stepmother in-law and her father-in-law. They had been in her house , trying to chase her out. Lando called the police on them today and they were arrested."

MaShandu : "She did well! Nxa bayadelela laba and they'll know me very well!" She shouts angrily.

Muzi : "I hate this whole independence nonsense kaLando cause she keeps things from us which results to these situations , nxa !!"