Chapter 45

#45

***Landokuhle's POV.

I was in the kitchen baking with my baby girl who didn't want to leave my side ; in the morning she woke us up with her crying thinking I had left so she joined us in bed while Kabelo went to get the twins too. We had breakfast in bed together then bathed and got on with our day.

The twins were napping now and Kabelo went out , he said he'll be back shortly before lunchhour.

Me : "What are we making baby?"

Nonto : "Chocolate cake!"

Me : "Okay , let's get on with it." I say helping her wear her apron after I had worn mine. Kabelo walks in carrying a giftbag just after we had put our batter in the oven , he comes to kiss me then kiss Nonto's forehead.

Kabelo : "For my princess." He hands the giftbag to her. Nonto smiles.

Nonto : "Thank you Babah." She opens it and pulls it out , it's a Black baby doll. Nonto smiles widely and squeals throwing her little body at her father hugging him.

Kabelo : "You know why I bought you this doll?"

Nonto : "No but I love it Babah!" She screamed which makes me smile. I love seeing my baby this happy.

Kabelo : "You love it?"

Nonto : "Yes! It looks like me!"

Kabelo : "I wanted to prove to you that your skin is beautiful and unique. Angithi you see that this baby is beautiful? If your skin was bad and dirty then there wouldn't be any dolls like yours."

Nonto : "You the best!" She giggles.

Kabelo : "Yeah? Now I don't wanna see you crying over stupid kids that don't know anything Okay?" She nods and runs off to the lounge.

I feel him wiping my tears that I didn't even know were falling , he pecks my lips a couple of times then hug me. We stay in that embrace for sometime before breaking it.

Me : "You a great dad."

Kabelo : "Really?"

Me : "Yeah. I think we should normalize buying them dolls with different types of skins."

Kabelo : "Great idea. Did I tell you how much I love you today?"

Me : "Not a chance bro."

Kabelo : "I love you sphalaphala sami. Everything I do is to keep you and my kids happy and it's with love."

Me : "Why are you talking like that?" He looks away for a minute then look back into my eyes.

Kabelo : "Nothing for now." I nod.

#

Kabelo had went to shower in our room and I had just finished cooking supper so I was on my way to our room to call him. I stood by the door as he was on a call.

***************
Kabelo : "Please stop reminding me!"

???? : "........."

Kabelo : "I know! She is MY wife and I'll tell her myself now stop irritating me dude!

???? : "........"

Kabelo : "Yah yah stop being being a nuisance."

??? : "........"

Kabelo : "Listen I know , keep them in the basement , I wanna kill them myself." He hangs up.

*****************

Me : "Who are you killing Kabelo Musawenkosi Ngubane?" He turns around looking.....