Chapter 22

It's been a week since the saga in UMnambithi , I have been ignoring all dad's calls and my grandparents. They irritate me to say the least , this other day I got a call from an unknown number and it was a man that claimed he's my husband and apparently he got my numbers from Mkhulu ; I have never been so angry like I am at those three. I was with Sis'Khanya in her house , we were chatting and I had Siba on me who is so grown and is a blabbering mouth.

Khanya : "Landokuhle , how are you really?"  I hate these deep talks that force me to open up really.

Me : "I'm okay sis."

Khanya : "Dad tried explaining why they did what they did but we didn't want to hear him out , we are all angry at him. Especially since he's like your friend and after what y'all been through the past years while mama was sick ; hhayi it wasn't fair at all."

Me : "Yeah hey? I don't even wanna see them."

Khanya : "Does your man know?" I shake my head while rocking Siba in my arms as she was falling asleep.

Me : "No. He fetched me that day after I had a breakdown in the middle of nowhere. He just comforted me and said he'll wait until I'm ready to talk."  She smiles.

Khanya : "Ah man! He's a keeper little one." I blush.

Me : "He's also such a Zulu gentlemen."

Khanya : "Why are still not bringing him over on our braais?"  I laugh.

Me : "To be honest , he is too much of an introvert and he is shy nkosiyami bandla , indoda yami. I'll try asking him again."

Khanya : "Please do! Use sex too." I laugh so hard at how serious she is. We continue spending time together , talking and laughing. Hee trio was visiting their grandparents and only Siba was left behind.

Me : "I have to get going. Tomorrow I'm fetching this little angel please."

Khanya : "Please do! I want some time alone with my man."

Me : "For What? To make another rascal? Aibo!'  She laughs.

Khanya : "Hawu Lando please." After some time I bid goodbye and drive off to my place. The robots are red so I stop , they turn green and I drive off and notice that I'm being followed so I speed more but only to get knocked by some small truck and my car loses its control as it turns rolling over and over to the bushes. I am stuck here and someone is trying to open my door , I look up and it's man wearing black

Man : "Sisi open this door!" He lifts his t-shirt a bit by acting like he is stretching , showing his gun. Someone calls him over and he walks over to them , I take that as an opportunity to run away , I open my door gently then sprint with my painful body and bleeding self. I run faster until I get to another street and I see a taxi , I hail it and it stops. The driver gets out and comes to me fast , I can hear the passengers gasping.

Driver : "Come sisi." He opens the door and he carefully help me in. The taxi isn't so full , I borrow one of the passengers phone and call Kabelo

************
Kabelo : "Musawenkosi Ngubane speaking. How may I help you?"

Me : "Baby please come fetch me." I'm crying.

Kabelo : "Sthandwa sami? Ukuphi? No wait who's with you?" I am crying so hard and the woman next to me explains to him how they found me and where they headed to. She then hangs up.

**************

The driver stops at some garage , after some time I see Kabelo's car park next to us. He quickly runs to the taxi and opens the door and crashes me in his arms making me wince.

Me : "Ouch!"

Kabelo : "I'm so sorry baby." He scoops me up and goes to place me in his car then goes back to the driver and talks to him , I see him handing him a bunch of notes then he runs back to the car. He drives straight to hospital , he scoops me up again when we get there.

Kabelo : "are you hurt anywhere else baby?"

Me : "My leg is excruciating." He nods clenching his jaws. The doctor immediately puts a drip on me and injects it then i start feeling drowsy.

Kabelo : "Sleep baby , I'm not going anywhere okay?" I nod and close my eyes.

#####

I wake up hungry and thirsty as hell , I look around my ward and Kabelo is standing by the corner staring into space. I clear my throat to grab his attention , he rushes over to me.

Me : "I am hungry and thirsty Kabelo."  He grins and takes a plastic bag that I guess had food. He takes out juice and helps me drink with a straw then he starts feeding me a fruit salad which makes me gag.

Me : "I don't want this , I want FOOD! FOOD baby." He chuckles and takes out a container with pasta and feeds the both of us.

Kabelo : "You slept throughout the day and it's morning manje. I made this yesterday when I went to get your clothes." I nod. When we done he puts away the container and gently gets in bed with me. He kisses me so tenderly and softly making me moan. Someone clears their throat and it's the doctor.

Doctor : "Please don't subject us to live porn especially in hospital."  Kabelo laughs loud.

Kabelo : "I'm still older than you ndoda." I guess they know each other.

Doctor : "Hi there future Mrs Ngubane. I am Bongani , this idiot's cousin brother. I must say you much more beautiful in person."

Kabelo : "Ay hold your horses ndoda."

Me : "it's nice to meet you Bonga."

Bonga : "This one never shuts his mouth about you or your cooking and how much you feed him." I smile appreciably.

Kabelo : "Eh baba , do your job and stop being forward."

Bonga : "mxm. Future Mrs I have news for the both of you."

Kabelo : "Is it bad news or What?"

Bonga : "Y'all are seven weeks pregnant."  This idiot of mine laughs loud kissing my face , they fistbump with his cousin making cheering noise and they seriously irritating me.

Kabelo : "Hawu baby?!" He says when he sees me not celebrating like them. Bonga excuses himself.

Me : "...."

Kabelo : "Are you not happy sthandwa sami?"  I just wail and he looks so freaked out and scared.

Me : "Ungimithise ngamabomu! I hate youuuuu"  I sob louder.

Kabelo : "I'm sorry baby , I love you for the both of us"  I pinch him and he groans softly then laughs. I cry until I fall asleep.