Chapter 56

#56

****Landokuhle's POV

We were finally in the Ngubane homestead in Bergville. Kabelo wanted to leave the kids behind because he doesn't trust his other family members but I managed to convince him otherwise since Makhulu last saw the twins when the kidnnaping saga happened.

Kabelo : "If anything happens to my kids , uzobona!" He said pointing his finger at me.

Me : "I'm not about to leave my kids behind while I'm in another province Musawenkosi so kill me for being paranoid!"

Kabelo : "And I'm saying if anything happens to them soxabana cause you were able to leave them behind when you went to that resort , now you can't? Mxm." I scoff.

Me : "You know very damn well that I had no choice laphana , that was my healing process!" One thing I've noticed was how Kabelo is so rude and raw whenever he has to deal with his father or his whole family well besides his granny but I really hate having to face this Kabelo everytime when he has to deal with is family!

Kabelo : "Mxm! Make it snappy , I wanna leave."

Me : "You can leave me behind , I'll find my own way ; angizokuncenga mina." (I won't beg you.) He looks at me coldly then walks out.

So that's pretty much how our today started and we haven't been talking to each other since morning and we were now in his homestead. He parked the car

Kabelo : "Stay here with the kids! Ungazenzi usiyazi futhi please." He grabs a 1L bottle of some liquid and walks out. He comes back maybe after almost thirty minutes and grabs the bags and walks off.

Kabelo : "Don't just stay , follow me!"

Me : "How were we supposed to know when you just told me to stay put in the car?! Asibhuli." He clicks his tongue and walks off. Nonto and I carry the sleeping twins , he takes Meli from Nonto and we follow him.

After putting everything in our house , we go to the main house. We find Makhulu in the lounge and Nonto runs to her and they hug tightly , then when she sees me she opens her arms. I hug her tightly shedding a few tears.

Me : "I'm so sorry you went through all that Makhulu. I'm glad you okay yazi."

MaKhulu : "Nonsense! I should be asking you if you okay? I'm really sorry for what happened my baby."

Me : "I'm okay now." She nods and pecks my lips.

MaKhulu : "what is wrong with your husband , he looks sour!" She whispers and we giggle.

_______________________

It was now the meeting and everyone was here , from Makhulu ; to all her kids ; nieces & nephews and the all the grandchildren. I'm not so used to Kabelo's cousins besides Bongani and his sister Makhosi ; the rest I'm okay with them. Weirdly enough MaVezi wasn't here but Kabelo's father was and he looked different from the last time I saw him. The daggers Kabelo has been giving his father are scary honestly.

MaKhulu : "Well since you all here , let's start but firstly thank you for respecting me enough and coming to this meeting. I would like for you all to keep calm and open minded today." She says the last part with her eyes looking at Kabelo.

MaKhulu : "As you all can see that uMaVezi isn't here and it's unfortunate that we lost her last week. I'm sorry and my deepest condolences to her kids."

Aunt Phindi : "Good riddance!" She whispers next to me.

Other aunt : "So when is her funeral?"

Aunt Phindi : "She doesn't deserve one loya , she just deserves to be cremated!"

MaKhulu : "PHINDILE!!"

Aunt Phindi : "Ey Sorry mama."

MaKhulu : "Right! UBongani has something to say."

Bonga : "Mina MaKhulu?!" She shoots him a murderous eye stare and he looks down.

Bonga : "Sorry."

MaKhulu : "Khuluma wena!"  She slightly shouts at Kabelo's father next to her.

K's father : "Uhm I'd first like to apologize to my son and his wife. Kuwe ndodana ngone kakhulu futhi angiboni kusangalungiseka. Ngibe wumzali ongelutho kuwe , ngavumela umuntu wangaphandle angilawule ngokukuhlukumeza. Ngiyaxolisa kakhulu ndodana. Izenzo zami zikwenze wakhula ungumfana onolaka nenzondo eningi futhi ngiyavuma ukuthi kuyiphutha lami lonke lelo. Izinhlungu engike ngakuzwisa zona azixoleleki neze. Ngibhedile. Ngiyaxolisa kakhulu mfana wami , ngiyathemba uzokwazi ukungixolela ngelinye ilanga."  (To you my son , I needed up big time in a way that can never be repaired/fixed. I was a good for nothing parent to you , I allowed a stranger to control me in hurting and abusing you. I am really sorry son. My actions made you grow into this angry and very hateful person and I agree , it's all my fault. The pain I caused you is unforgivable at all. I messed up. I'm really sorry my boy , I hope you will be able to forgive me one day.)

Kabelo : *wipes his tears while clenching his jaws*

K's father : "Kuwe makoti , ngiyaxolisa ukuthi ukungazi kwakho akubanga ngendlela eqotho. I was supposed to be a father to you too but instead I became an enemy that plotted against you when you were already facing more than enough problems. I am really sorry , i hope one day you can forgive me so I can taste your tea." He says the last part smiling a bit. I nod returning the small smile.

K's father : "So two weeks back I dreamt of a man who threatened me to go back home eBergville and I ignored it. One of the days I woke up in a forest , the one downhill and I started walking trying to find my way back to my house but I ended up in this gate. I was dirty and stinking , uNjinji saw me and brought me here. I found mama having tea with the same old man I had dreamed of and he just looked at me shaking his head. Mama offered me water and I collapsed then. I think I woke up..."

MaKhulu : "Two days after"

K's father : "Yes and the man was still here , he forced me to drink done muti and when I refused he would whip me with *imvubu*. When I finally drank the muti , I remember puking nonstop and taking various trips to the toilet."

Aunt Phindi : "I knew It!!" She screamed clapping her hands.

MaKhulu : "Shut up man Phindile!"

K's : "Last week the mysterious man then told me that all these years I was blinded by umuti Noziwe had been using on me. Apparently the muti she used all these years had done damage in me and I have limited time to live."

MaKhulu : "The muti that witch used on my son made him forget everything even his kids and their mother."

Kabelo : "What do you mean mother?! Because as far as I'm concerned y'all always told me my mother ran away!"

MaKhulu : "Wenkosi , that's what we know cause when we went to visit your father and mother , we instead found Noziwe and she told us that Bonolo ram away while you were in hospital so thina we let run away but not with you and unfortunately she managed to run with your twin sister."

Kabelo : "Then why y'all never told me about my twin sister?!"

MaKhulu : Calm down boy boy."

Kabelo : "Wena baba why are you quiet?! Isn't y'all told my mother that 'I died' mina after being stabbed by dad's whatever the person was to him?!"

Babomncane Njinji : "Hheeeh Kabelo where do you get these news from?" If I didn't know better , I'd say this man knows a lot!

Kabelo : "Kahle babomncane! Baba where's my mom?!" He asks looking at his father intensely.

K's father : "I lost track of her honestly son. I'm sorry."

MaKhulu : "One more thing! Khuluma Bongani!"

K's father : "I'm sorry bhuti but the elders made me do it. UBongani is my son!" YOH!!!

Babomncane Ngubane : "Tell me you joking! MaNzimande TALK!"

MaNzimande : "I'm sorry!" She cries.

Kabelo : "Nxxxah!" He walks out and I follow him.

Babomdala : "hhayi nehlule!" I hear him say.