Continuation of Chapter 06

Continuation #07 - we were never meant to be.

Yanga : "Hey." He greets settling next to me.

Me : "Hi." I nod still looking ahead.

Yanga : "My deepest condolences , I know just how much she meant to you."

Me : "Thank you."

Yanga : "I'm sorry for not being there for you."

Me : "Sure."

[Silence.]

Yanga : "Look , I know this isn't ideal but I just wanna apologise for everything. I'm truly sorry for breaking you and your heart like that in the past when you were a 100% loyal to me and my heart. I'm sorry for ever taking advantage of your love and heart. I hope you forgive me."

Me : "I've long forgiven you Yanganathi , it's been five years already so don't sweat it."

Yanga : "Thank you. I'm relocating , dad is sending me off to America for some kingship training and grooming. I'll probably be that side for some years." I nod.

Me : "Well goodluck to you." I hug him briefly then walk away. I bump into my best friend.

Stha : "Baby." She hugs me so tightly.

Me : "Babe , thank you so much for coming through."

Stha : "Oh come on , mam'Nolu was my mother too nje." She looks at me sheepishly.

Me : "Spill."

Stha : "I love you and I'm really sorry." She says really fast.

Me : "what is it?"

Stha : "I found a TEFL job in China."

Me : "What? Are you for real?" I say hugging her tightly , she smiles.

Stha : "Yes. I'll be teaching there for two years then I'll teach in Rome then Australia."

Me : "I'm really happy for you babe! When do you leave?"

Stha : "Monday." Mind you , today was Sunday.

Me : "Oh. I wish you all the best. Safe travels." I walk off to the main house before she says anything.

Gogozi : "Landozi , you didn't eat! Come." I smile faintly at her and follow her to the kitchen , she dishes up for me then hands me my plate and watches me eat.

Me : "Where are my sisters?"

Gogozi : "They've all left with their families."

Me : "even obhuti?"

Gogozi : "Yes , only the almost twins and yourself are left here and my son."

Me : "The cleansing ceremony tonight?"

Gogozi : "They were given the herbs (intelezi) to use and they'll do it in their houses plus your sisters cannot be cleansed koDlamini cause they married." I nod.

Me : "Gogozi I'm full now , can I please go nap?" She stares at me first then nod. I go to the guestroom I've been using and lock the door. I take a quick shower and wear my PJs then get in bed. I take my phone from under the pillow and dial mama's number just to hear her voice.

Hey this is me! Sorry you can't reach me but dial again in the next hour. *giggles* 'muzi ongiyeka!"

Then it beeps. I keep dialling and it's like she'll answer and say "Sthandwa samawakho?" . I scroll through my gallery and watch our pictures and videos. She was beautiful , that she served on loads.