Chapter 10

#11 - Unexpected visits.

Today is a Sunday and I had just came back from church. It's going to be a lazy Sunday for me. I'm actually craving some vatkoeks (amagwinya) and homemade slap potato chips. I take out the necessary ingredients and start mixing , once my dough is all ready ; I cover it up and put the pot of oil on the stove to heat. Few minutes later I stay deep frying my vatkoeks. I peel and chop the potatoes while my amagwinya cook on the stove.

Two hours later my lunch is ready but I leave it to cool down while I bake some muffins. Once done , I go shower and wear a short , vest and some socks. I dish up for myself and go settle in front of the TV. A knock comes through just as I was about to take a bite. I go open and Kabelo smiles innocently at me. This guy is seriously hot especially with his tattoos on his arms. He is wearing black jeans , black tank top showing off his muscles. He's wearing white socks and Adidas slides , he sure has long feet hey.

Him : "Can I come in?" I move aside and he walks in.

Me : "You can go through to the lounge."

Kabelo : "It's smells nice in here , ohhh amagwinya! Haven't had these in a while." He says chuckling and grabs my plate and starts eating. I just go dish my own plate and pour some juice too. We eat in silence , well I'm eating and he's gobbling his food.

Me : "There's more in the kitchen" I tell him when he's done. He nods and stands up and disappears to the kitchen. He comes back with his food and a refilled glass of juice. I take the dishes to the kitchen once we done , I take another plate and put some muffins then go back to the lounge.

Kabelo : "Yeah neh? I'll leave this house fat , I have to go to the gym after this." He says chuckling and eats.

Kabelo : "Thank you Ntokazi , you are really a great cook. I know I won't suffer in our home." What?

Me : "What brings you here?"

Kabelo : "I wanted to see you."

Me : "For?" He smiles beautifully. Yey bayazala abanye abantu emnyango.

Kabelo : "Ngoba ngiyathanda futhi ngiyakwazi." (Because I want to and I can)

Me : "Right!" I say then turn to the TV screen in front of us. I can feel his eyes on me but I ignore him.

_______________________

Next Day......

I've been cooped up in my office busy with work since morning. Lina walks in with a huge bouquet of roses and a pink gift bag.

Lina : "I'm sorry boss but I couldn't knock , as you can see my hands are occupied." I nod standing.

Me : "where are these coming from?"

Lina : "I don't know but they are for you." I frown. She puts everything on my desk then walk out. I search for a card in the bouquet but nothing. I open the gift bag and there's a small white bakery box , I open it and it's chocolate cake. I look inside again and there's a card.

'Your lunch will be delivered on time'. ~MK. Ngubane.

I can't stop the smile that spreads through my face. I ask Lina to get me some coffee so I can eat my cake. After my cake I get back to work. A knock erupts and I invite the person in with my eyes still glued on this ipad.

"I think work can wait , you have to eat Ntokazi." His super deep voice says , startling me. I close my iPad and turn to look at him.

Me : "Hi Kabelo."

Kabelo : "Uyaphila Ntokazi enhle?" (You good pretty lady?)

Me : "Ngiyaphila unjani?" (I'm good and you?)

Kabelo : "I'm more than good since I've seen you. Your lunch as promised." He says lifting the steers paperbag. I lead him to the couches and I dish up for us.

Me : "Why four burgers?"

Kabelo : "Two each. We won't get full by one burger and don't even try to deny that." I laugh. We eat in silence. I direct him to my bathroom when we done , he comes back after a while.

Me : "Thank you for lunch." He smiles.

Kabelo : "It's a pleasure Ntokazi. I'll see you." He kisses my forehead and nose then walk out.