Chapter 30

#30 - No change! More suffering!

It has been a month since the terrible night and my brothers are slowly recovering at home and my husband is still unconscious in that hospital. The doctors cannot seem to find what's happening but yesterday , he was improving. I was now on my way to go see him , I got there and greeted the receptionist then proceed walking to his ward.

Doc Martins : "Oh Mrs Ngubane. How are you?" We exchange greetings.

Me : "How is he?" He sighs deeply and takes off his spectacles.

Doc Martins : "I seriously don't understand what's happening , yesterday he was recovering well and he was responding to the treatment but he just slipped into coma."  He holds me before I fall. It was better the past month cause as much as he was unconscious , he wasn't in coma and now he suddenly just slipped into coma. I just didn't even have the energy today so I walk out and get in the car and it drives off. My big sister and her husband organised a driver for me that'll take me everywhere.

I get home and I can hear Nonto wailing so I rush inside , I find a woman I don't know shouting at her.

Me : "Heeeeey! Futsek!"  I scream and the woman gets startled. Nonto rushes to me still crying.

Me : "What the he'll is wrong with you woman? Who are you anyway in my house? You even have the nerve to shout my child? Get out!"

Woman : "I'm sorry but that won't happen. I'm here to stay."

MaVezi : "Yes,  she's here with me."

Me : "what do you want here cause you know you are not welcomed here?" She chuckles as a man who ridiculously looks like my husband emerges behind her. I gasp , shocked.

Man : "Sawubona makoti." My voice seems to have stuck in my throat. I'm still agape.

MaVezi : "this is your father-in-law and my husband ,Bongani Ngubane."

Me : "But , but..."

Bongani : "They said I'm dead? They lied."

Me : "This is all too much ; when I get back here , I don't wanna find you all here." I take Nonto's hand and we go to my bedroom and I lock the door.

Nonto : "Mamzo , she was hitting me because I was hungry."  She says with tears brimming in her eyes.

Me : "So you didn't eat all day? Where did your nanny go to?"

Nonto : "They chased her away."

Me : "I'm sorry baby , she won't ever hit again. If she does I'll cut her ears Okay?" She giggles and nods.

Me : "Did you bath?" She nods.

Nonto : "Yes mommy."

Me : "Do you want to visit aunt Ndabe's house for the weekend?"  She nods excitedly. I pack a bag for her and everything she'll need plus one set of uniform. I lock up my bedroom then we walk out.

MaVezi : "Good. We need the space." I chuckle shaking my head then get in the car. The driver drives off.

Me : "Baby you'll be back , after school on Monday , Okay?"

Nonto : "Okay. Will daddy be back?"

Me : "Not as yet sthandwa sami."

Nonto : "He's still at work?! That's a bummer!"