~promises~

walking down the road of an empty street, quite with a slight smell of wet concrete from the rain that poured hours ago. the trees swaying to the wind, like a melody on a record. the person miles ahead walking there dog, who wishes to find a treat along the way.

the sounds of crickets chirping, and the light of the moon shining down on the small creatures on the world. the girl walking down the street, with nothing but a broken heart in her hands. nothing but the tears rolling down her cheek, onto her favorite hoodie which will now rest in a suitcase.

"you promised cole, you promised you would stop texting her!" i yelled throwing the pillow resting on the bed to the floor.

"you promised you would stop, you didn't stop you kept texting you kept going until i found you with her in your car!" i yelled once more facing the wall.

"it wasn't like that, y/n!" he yelled back turning the covers over.

"they always say that, always saying it's not what it looks like! then what was is supposed to look like?" i yelled facing him.

the wind blew a strong gust hitting the soaked face of tears, the same face crunching in shivers as the rain began to return.

the street that was once silent roared with a truck driving by, country music blasting as the old man stares at the female slugging her way down the road.

the smell of cigarettes lingered as an old house appears, with a man with a smoke watching the road.

"it was just a conversation about something! i don't see why you are so mad about it!" colby yelled laying down on the bed.

"seriously cole?" i yelled in disbelief standing by the door.

"will you just come lay down, we can talk about it in the morning. im tired." he sighed into his hand.

the trees made a calming sound, a sound you only hear when in a forest miles deep in. like the ones you see in movies. the same trees seeing to give reassurance to what's to come in the future, to show everything's okay.

the same girl continued to walk miles, down the never ending road hoping to find some type of life other than old couple homes. the same one they had bought with there husband.

"i saw you kiss her in the car! i watched you kiss her the way you kiss me!" i screamed.

"i watched you put the same passion you did when we first met, when you told me i was the women for you! the one for you! you told me no one could ever break us apart, you promised me i was good enough for you!" i cried into my sleeve.

the window of a home showed a young couple dancing to a soft melody of an older song, the smell of dinner was inhaled. watching them twirl around the kitchen smiling, laughing, enjoying the company of one another. oh how the girl wished it was her, wishing it was the same feeling that girl must have felt with her spouse.

the road felt smaller as it turned to a dirt path, the same path the girl wanted to find. the one where it lead to a pond with frogs, ducks, and even a little family of rabbits.

"when we're you going to tell me huh? when were you going to tell me you were seeing her?" i asked grabbing my favorite hoodie.

"awhile ago." he said quietly.

"awhile ago was what? our wedding day, when she walked in and i had no idea she was invited?" i asked again.

"we were friends at that time i promise." he answered.

"promise? you broke a lot of those today cole." i said sharply.

the calming water was brought to sight as the girl walked to the bench that sat next to it, the same bench a couple confessed love. the same bench they proposed, and the same bench they announced a family. the same bench that once brought happiness, has now brought sorrow and tears.

the water flowed loudly, as rain patted the ground harshly. soaking everything in sight, even the girl who hid under the tree. tears began to look like rain, and rain seemed to fit the situation.

"you threw away everything, everything. what is going to happen to that little girl in that room?" i asked.

"you promised me a happy family, a happy relationship. you promised our little girl happiness." i yelled quietly.

the girl touched her left hand, feeling the rhinestone that showed she was married. the tattoo above showing the name of the baby, who made them a mom. who slept quietly, peacefully in a house that only brought pain.

"i-i didn't mean to fall for her i promise." colby spoke.

"stop promising things you don't keep." i sighed looking down the hall to see the faint pink light of the little girls room.

"i mean it this time, i didn't mean to i promise i didn't." he spoke again reaching for my had that was tugged away.

"i need to leave." i say quietly walking out of the house with nothing but my favorite hoodie and a broken heart.

the rain began to pelt harder, scaring all the animals away. the soft thuds of paws that came from a family of rabbits appeared, looking at the stranger who sat at the bench. wondering who it was, before hopping away to there home to escape the harsh weather.

the girl looked up to see the cloudy storm, the silhouette of the moon. the faint stars that littered the night sky, the same stars they would look up at with the love of there life. the same stars they kissed to on the first date, the same stars they married to under, the same stars they made love to, and the same stars they would say goodbye to.

the same stars i took off the ring and placed on the bench.

a|n: this was a sad one haha, decided to do a sadder one since they give more passion and i think they are better. hope you all enjoyed <3