~birthdays~

the sounds of whispering, and feet tapping around woke up the birthday girl. the girl who laid in bed and pretended to sleep, not wanting to damage the ego of the people wanting to 'suprise' her.

"on three, one, two, three. happy birthday y/n!" yelled sam popping a confetti launcher.

turning around, she saw all her friends kat, tara, kas, sam, jake, devyn, corey. they all popped a confetti launcher, sending the multicolored papers to swarm her on the bed.

"oh my god, thank you guys." i laughed sitting up.

she looked around expecting to see her spouse colby, hoping maybe he helped them in the helps of this surprise wake up.

"oh uhm, colby said he would be back." sam said scratching this back of his head.

"oh haha, it's okay i was just confused that's all." i said smiling softly.

"well let's leave the birthday girl to get ready, unless you all are weirdos and want to watch her change." kat said proudly walking out.

the group of friends one by one left the room, letting the girl to sit on the bed in peace. wishing that her love was with her, able to help her get ready.

she spotted a floral dress sticking out from the closets door remembering she had gotten that just for this day.

'this should do i guess' i thought to myself.

she glanced at the clock wondering where colby had gone, it was eight in the morning and he never left early unless for a reason. to her, today seemed like a very good reason to not leave the home, to spend her special morning and day with her.

"hey guys." i said walking down the steps.

"ah you look so good!" devyn yelled first.

one by one everyone complimented the girl, watching her shuffle in embarrassment. soon after watching colby walk in with a frown on his face.

"oh hey colby you good bro?" corey asked patting his shoulder.

"yeah perfect." he answers shoving his arm off.

all eyes glanced to her, which made the situation seem worse. as if she was the reason he was in such a sour mood.

"uhm breakfast? who made waffles?" i asked laughing awkwardly.

"that would be me." kat waved her hand around.

everyone gathered around the table besides y/n and colby, they stood to the side waiting for everyone to sit down.

"hi you okay?" i asked softly.

"yeah im fine." he snapped.

"happy birthday by the way." he says kissing the top of my head softly.

"thanks." i whispered as he walked to sit with sam with a smile.

'don't know why he's being nice to him, didn't occur to me it was sams day. okay that sounds selfish, but come on do i need to explain?' i asked myself.

"y/n you going to eat pretty girl?" kas asks.

"oh haha im good, im not that hungry. im actually going to go downtown for uhm a bit, remembered i put some clothes on hold for today." i lied laughing slightly.

"oh uh, do you want the girls or maybe colby to come with you, or?" she asked.

she looked to her lover only to see him avoiding eye contact from her, everyone could feel the tension in the room.

"uhm, no it's okay i can go by myself." i answer looking at the floor biting my lip.

"okay, have fun." she says smiling.

entering the car feeling the tears begin to swarm around her eyes, she laid her head onto the steering wheel letting the salty water to stream down her cheeks.

the door open on the passenger side and her best friend jake sit down. she looked up to see him giving her a soft smile.

"hey, i know colby's being a d*ck right now. forget about him, today is your day; not his. if he wants to have a tantrum today so be it, but i will not let him ruin your day. so come on let's go shopping." he says waving his hands around dramatically.

a soft laugh was let through the car, the once tears not disappeared from the once sad girl. she was still hurting inside, but it felt good to have her best friend there to make her laugh and smile.

the friends shopped for hours returning home hours later, only to have jake push her to the door with a wide smile. a smile that you would see a kid give when they see candy, or a toy store.

"why are you smiling so- whoa." i said looking inside the house.

the house was decorated in candle lights, rose leading a path to somewhere, and her favorite flowers being held by all her best friends.

"what the f*ck is going on." i laughed in disbelief.

"follow the path to find out." kat says handing me the bouquet of flowers.

the path of red and white roses lead into the backyard, where a cameraman was filming and her spouse waiting at the end with a huge smile.

colby wore a fully black suit, the one she loved so much. she had always wished for him to wear more, especially if they had a important meeting about logistics and stuff.

"oh my god what is this?" i asked reaching to colby.

"well my love, i first want to say how sorry i am for treating you like a complete utter d*ck. that was all a façade none of it was real, i wanted to get you to be mad at me so you wouldn't want me to hang out with you. but, i didn't want you going alone anywhere; which is why i made jake go out there with you. the girls wanted to help me with all this after i told everyone what the plan was." he laughs waving his hands around.

"wait im confused." i laugh smiling.

"shh let me finish, secondly i had a whole speech ready i swear i did. but, i forgot it and im going to just go with the flow." he breathes.

he reaches for the girls hand, pulling her a little closer and moving some of her hair from her face. he looks to the side to see all his friends smiling covering there mouths to hide the small laughter, and awes.

"okay, i got this don't know why im so scared, well you will know soon but im just gonna go and say-" he rambles.

"babe, sh you are rambling you got this i believe in you." i say chuckling.

"okay, i love you so so much like so much it hurts me. for the past six years you have sat with me hand in hand, you helped me through everything. hell, you helped me grow to the person i am today! im forever grateful for you, and i don't know where i would be without you. so uhm, wow this is hard to say. okay, i was wondering if you maybe i don't know possibly; will you marry me?" he blurts the last part out of breath.

she stood shocked as she watched him go down on one knee, opening the black velvet box to see the beautiful and obviously very very expensive diamond ring.

"oh my god, yes what the f*ck!" i yell out.

colby stood up slipping the ring onto her finger, pulling her into a passionate and loving kiss. hearing the cheers of all there friends as they run around screaming for them.

"happy birthday my gorgeous wife." colby whispers before going in for a second kiss.

a|n: i didn't realize how long this was until i edited the whole thing, and was like 'oh..it's okay'. anyways i really just wanted to say thank you so freaking much for all the support, like omg when i posted that 'promises' story i didn't expect that many of you to actually like it? and then immediately was flooded with sm positivity! that's amazing, you all are amazing! i appreciate it so much! <33