Chapter - 61

“ You are right, they are feeling guilty.”
Adesh and Pritika looked towards the source of the voice and saw Virat (Tanvi’s brother) was standing at the entrance.
Virat entered into the room, came near Pritika.
VIRAT : You are right… they have been loving you because they are feeling guilty. Guilty for not helping their daughter. They are really very guilty for not being there for you.
Pritika snorted and turner her face another side.
VIRAT : Adesh, can you please go out… I want to talk with my sister alone.
PRITIKA : who is your sister? I am not interested to talk with you.
VIRAT : but I am…Adesh please…
Adesh was going to left the room but Pritika stopped him by grabbing his hand.
PRITIKA : No… he will not leave.
VIRAT : Just a minute ago you were ready to leave him and now what happened?
PRITIKA : That’s not your concern. It’s our husband wife's matter.
Hearing this a little smile spread on Adesh's lips.
VIRAT : Pri… You need to listen to me.
PRITIKA : why  would I listen to you?
VIRAT : because I am your brother.
PRITIKA : I don’t accept you as my brother.
VIRAT : You had accepted… you had tied Rakhi on my hand on the day  of Raksha bandhan  for 5 years continuously. (Raksha bandhan is a popular Hindu annual ceremony….where on this day sisters tie a amulet called Rakhi around the wrists of their brothers, symbolically protecting them)
Pritika frowned at Virat.
PRITIKA : Never… I have never did this.
VIRAT : You did… I am not lying. Bua (Kritika) used to come with you on our secret place on the day of Raksha bandhan. You used to tie Rakhi on my hand. When you were 5 years old you had tied last Rakhi on my hand. After that I left the country to study abroad. Whenever I used to come back here for holiday everyday I used to visit our secret place once, in the hope that bua will come. I had done this until my mom informed mep that my bua is no more. Then I met you in our house.
Pritika was quietly looking at Virat who has tears in his eyes.
VIRAT : In our house bua was my most favourite person. I used to spend most of my time with bua. I even accompanied her, on her date with Prithvi uncle.
PRITIKA : You knew my papa?
VIRAT : Yes… I knew your papa. No one knows but it was me who helped bua to elope from her room… or do you think was it possible for Nilesh uncle to do that alone?
PRITIKA : Elope? Nilesh uncle? Means his dad? (Pointed at Adesh)
VIRAT : Yes… Pri, there is many things you don’t know. It’s a long story… listen this from Adesh slowly.
Pritika looked towards Adesh, who nodded his head.
VIRAT: Pri, you only know one thing that my family didn’t help your mother on your critical time… but trust me Pri, they really didn’t know. They didn’t even heard anything from bua that day.

PRITIKA : They didn’t accept my father because he was poor. So they would have never accepted me. Now they have accepted me because they are guilty because of my parents death.
VIRAT : Pri, you are right they are guilty about your parents death. They regret that why they didn’t try to contact bua but trust me Pri, their love is pure. They love you because you are my bua, their favourite child, Kritika’s daughter. Pri, you think my family discriminate poor… right?
PRITIKA : or else what?
VIRAT : Pri, Kailash Thakur who was one of the most powerful and richest businessman, do you think he will want his only daughter to marry with a man, who worked as a driver in his house. Who isn’t as educated as his daughter. Pri, I am not saying this to humiliate your papa or support my family. Pri, I am saying this to you to make you understand that their way was wrong but they were not entirely wrong. You are also now a mother. Just think about it. I can say you one thing, bua was also guilty about her deed. She never wanted to hurt her parents but she did because of love. Though I wasn’t very grown up but I still supported bua in her decision. That day when bua had come to our house because of their ego they didn’t listen to bua and I wasn’t also there to help her  but today they regret their action.
PRITIKA : will their regret give my parents back? Will their regret change anything?
VIRAT : Exactly Pri, Regret will not change anything. But maybe forgiveness can change many things. As a brother I am advising you… forget all the bad, suffering memories. Forgive us… our dadi, your nani is suffering. Her condition isn’t good. I don’t know will your forgiveness get her better or not but at least she can die in peace. Do it before it’s too late.
Saying this patting on Pritika's head Virat left the room.
Pritika was standing there like a statue, she didn’t understand what she should do. Adesh came near her and hugged her. After a minute slowly Pritika also hugged back Adesh. Tears were falling from her eyes. Adresh didn’t said anything he let her emotions came out. He was only rubbing Pritika’s back slowly to console her.