36

Trigger warning: mentions of abuse and suicide.

Blood seeped from Ace's knuckles as his fist made direct contact with the wall of Leo's hospital room.

"This is bullshit!" He screamed, his blue eyes wide and fearful. "They can't take us away from you, they can't! This isn't fair, I don't want to go! You can't make me, they can't make me."

"I'm going to need you to calm down, kid." Officer Keebler said, his eyes narrowing on the teen.

Surprised and pissed, Zac turned to the officer with an eyebrow raised, "don't speak to him, this is none of your business." He said, his blue eyes narrowing at the man.

"It is my business, he's defaming hospital property." Keebler nodded towards the fist sized hole.

"I'll defame your fucking fa—"

Callan coughed loudly, hoping to drown out his brothers next words. "Ace," he hissed. The last thing they needed was for him to be arrested.

"Keebler," Ryan cut in, his green eyes hard. "Butt out. You're here as a supervisor, a silent supervisor. Got it?"

Keebler coughed, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. "Yes, sir. Apologies, sir."

"Yes, sir. Apologies, sir." Ace made a face and mocked in a high pitched tone. "Kiss-ass."

"Ace." Ryan turned his eyes to the boy in question. "Enough." As much as he understood the teenagers frustration, he couldn't allow this situation to get out of hand. He'd never personally worked with Keebler, but from what Ryan had heard, the man was an idiot.

Ace scoffed loudly.

"Ace, go and take a walk." Carter grasped his brothers shoulder and pushed him towards the door.

Ace pulled himself from Carter's hold, a menacing glare on his face as he turned to face his older brother. With his lips curved up in a sneer, he spat. "Fuck you."

"Ace, enough!" Callan's voice boomed, causing Ace's shoulders to slump. Sighing loudly, he stared at his younger brother, his blue eyes softening at his panicked state. "You need to calm down, okay? I don't like this either, but we can't take our anger out on each other. That's not fair."

"I just... I don't want to go." Ace said weakly, his hands trembling by his sides as his gaze sought his eldest brothers. "Please, Zac."

"Bambino," Zac began, his voice choked with emotion. Taking hold of Ace's hand, he inspecting the cuts along his knuckles with a sigh. "I—"

"You're not allowed to touch him." Officer Keebler interrupted, his eyes locked on Zac's hand. "Bosses orders. No physical contact with any of the minors."

Zac closed his eyes, his heart breaking as he pulled his hand away from his brother. He squeezed his lids to his waterline tighter, hoping to soothe the ever growing burning sensation. Even though Zac had done nothing wrong, this man was making him feel like a monster.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Carter fumed. Pushing himself off the wall, he squared his shoulders at the officer. This was ridiculous. "He's his brother, why the fuck can't he check his hand?"

"Not my call." Keebler raised his shoulders and shrugged, taking a step away from the angry boy. "I'm just following protocol." He raised his hands in surrender, feeling fearful under so many harsh glares.

"I give him permission to touch me." Ace sneered, his hands clenching into fists. God, he really wanted to fucking punch this guy.

Ace couldn't handle this situation right now. His anxiety was sky rocketing by the minute, and the worse it got, the more he longed for the comfort of his eldest brother. That same comfort that Zac had been trying to give, the comfort and reassurance he knew Ace needed.