["I don't feel so well,"]

Something was off today. You got up which was fine but it seemed more quiet then normal. Checking on Collector everything seemed fine, so you went to go make (f/d) and a bowl of cereal. While eating a reading the newspaper seeing if any thing was new and reading the comics something started to feel really off now.

"MOMMY!" at that you rushed to his room. "What's wrong?" You ask panicked as you go to sit next to him on the bed. "Is hurts," he whine wrapping himself farther in to the blanket with tears in his eyes. "What hurts are you okay?" You ask. "My head," he answer. Placing your hand on his forehead to see if he was having a fever and sure enough he was.

"Oh you poor thing you just got a fever," you say combing your finger through his hair to pull it back from his face. "What's a fever?" He ask opening his tear filled eyes to look at you. "It just means you have a higher temperature than normal along with a headache and sweating," you say. "You'll be fine," trying to reassure the crying child in front of you.

"*sniff* okay," he says sitting up. "Stay here I'll go get you something to eat and some medicine to help," you say  patting his head before leaving. Poor kid probably never got a fever this bad yet. After washing your hands you put a pot with some boiling water ready to make some oatmeal for the kid. Taking a small hand cloth you run it under cold water along with some cough syrup and a spoon.

Heading back you sit on the bed along motioning for Collector to sit up again. Pouring  some medicine on the spoon you most ion for him to take it. "What's that?" He ask looking skeptical of the liquid. "It's medicine that will help your body," you answer. Satisfied with the answer he opens his mouth for you to give him the medicine. "Ick! That's stuff is nasty," he exclaims sticking out his tongue. "Yeah it can be. Now layback down and keep this on your head," you say placing the cloth on his forehead. "I have to go finish you breakfast," leaving to finish making some oatmeal.

Sprinkling some brown sugar on the top and grabbing a glass of water you make your way back to his room. "Sit up please," you say sitting back on the bed. Doing as you said he takes the bowl and starts to eat only to finish half of it. "I'm full," he mumbles sleepily. "That's okay," you comfort the child while taking the bowl and putting it on the nightstand. "Now your going to have to push fluids and take a lot of naps to heal up fast got it," you order standing up. "Okay, are you leaving?" he ask. "No honey I'll be in the living room taking care of some work and other things," you answer grabbing the bowl. "Call if you need any thing," and with that you head to the living room leave the kid to sleep.

Through the day you would go to refill his water or swap out the cloth for a new one. When not doing that you were either sitting next to him reading a story or in the living room getting some work done.

(Time skip)

As the week goes on you look after him, but on the third day you too got sick. Not wanting to get Eda or anyone else sick you took care of you and Collector. That was till Eda came to visit saying she didn't see you and started to miss you. Seeing the state  you were in she started taking care of you saying stuff like "while who else will," and "shut up I'm taking care of you and that's that,". 

Once the six day came around Collector got better but you were still sick and Eda was still coming over.

(POV: Collector's)

What's she doing here I can take care of mom myself. Speaking of mom I feel bead for getting them sick. Why can't I help them like they helped me. It's not fair! Now I have to play on my own cause mom won't get near me and that owl lady is taking care of her. I hope she gets sick.

(POV: No one)

At some point you got better and saying Collector was excited is an understatement. This kid was over the moon to be able to play with you. And as for Eda well she got sick.

(Recommend by funtimegamer62! So thank you for the help)