[Cake fail]

The oven was preheating and all the bowls were on the table. Placing the cook book down you turn to see Collector struggling to tie his apron. "Here let me help," you say tying a bow. "Alright start by pouring a 10 cups of flour while I get the baking soda and salt," you say grabbing the items and starting to measure you ingredients. CRASH!

"Sorry!" He yells with flour on the flour. "It's okay just go get a wet towel and clean up after yourself," you reassure before pouting your ingredients in and helping measure out the flour. Once he finished cleaning you handed him the new cup of flour and watch as he poured it in. "Good job!" You say clapping while he smiled with pride.

Handing over a whisk you tell the next step. "Alright mix the ingredients together in a fast past but not to fast you spill the bowl," "Okay!" He answer starting to mix to slowly. "Speed it up buddy," you say preparing the mixer. "Like this?" He ask mixing too fast that some of the mixture was falling out. "No here like this," you say walking behind him and taking his hands. "Place one hand on the bowl and the other like this," you say moving his had to mix the bowl at the right pace. "Good just like that!"

Once finished you carry him over to the mixer. "Alright first  we need softened butter-," you pause. "We didn't soften the butter...to the microwave!" You exclaim heading over with the butter in a small bowl. Once done you pull it out to see it melted. "Fuck it," you thought. "I'll pour the butter you get the sugar," you tell Collector. "Okie dokie mom!" He answer saluting before taking the sugar and carefully pouring it in. While you add the butter.

While mixing you add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla (you can do another flavor). "Soo what made you want to bake a cake Collector?" You ask leaning you back on the counter. "I saw it in one of the books of a kid and their parents baking and having fun so I thought we could try!" He answer throwing his hands in the air. "Fun eh?" You ask reaching over. "Yeah why?" Collector ask before you throw some flour at his face. "Oh it is on!" He yells before throwing some at you.

After going back and forth between throwing flour you had to check on the mixture. "Hmm," you sigh see the mixture was to watery. Scooping up some more flour you though that in and mix it with a spoon. "How does it look head chef?" You ask turning to Collector and handing him the spoon to lick. "Wonderful my assistant," he answers in a fake rich man voice making you both burst out in giggles.

Buttering the pan you pour in the mixture along with cutting up some strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and more. "Ready?" You ask Collector. "Yep!" He say starting to place some of the fruit on the cake. Filling the top of the cake with all of the different fruits you pick it up to place in the oven. "In you go," "Yeah in you go!" You both say as you push the pan back and close the door. "Now what?" Collector ask turning to look at you.

"Want to take some of the extra fruit to roof?" You ask. "Yes!" He say before running to the roof. "Grabbing the bowl you carefully make your way up. Sitting down you both look at all of the plants, monsters, and demons moving around. "Pretty but I still like it at night," Collector say before plopping a few blueberries in his mouth. "Mmm I like (time of day) best," you say looking at the clouds. "Hey mom?" he ask "Yeah," "Thank you. I never got to bake a cake before," he say messing with his fingers.

"Anytime buddy," you say ruffling his hat a bit. "Plus based on how it looked going in I don't think it's going to be a cake," you say before plopping a strawberry in your mouth. "So like a cake abomination?" He ask making you both burst out laughing. "Oh no not the strawberry fangs and beading blackberry eyes," you exaggerate while placing you hand on your forehead. "Hahaha!" Collector burst out laughing making you smile while you two just sat there a little longer.

(Time skip)

"Oh no! The cake!" You exclaim getting off the roof and running to the kitchen with Collector not to far behind you. You place the fruit bowl in the sink and throw on some oven mitts. Slowly opening the oven door you pull the cake and set in on the table. "Oh we burnt the top," Collector whines. "Now don't give up yet the middle might still be good," you reassure poking a toothpick in only for it to come out covered in runny batter and to deflate.

"Nope sorry buddy but this cake isn't edible without getting sick," you say throwing the goopy crisp cake in the trash. "Awww," he says looking at the ground. Feeling bad you go to the fridge and pull out some ice cream. "But will this make it up?" You ask holding up the cold treat. "Yes! Oh thank you mom," he says hugging you leg. "No problem," you say filling up a bowl for him.

While he ate his ice cream you were cleaning up the pan and bowls from you baking fail, but hey you did have fun.

(Sorry with being awhile but, I'm having trouble coming up with ideas at the moment)