Chapter 8

Nathan's POV

I stood on the front porch waiting for Kota to call. He'd just left with Sean to get Victor and Gabe after a car wreck. My eyes looked across the pond and I spit out my coffee. There on the front porch was a petite brunette stripping. I really need to meet the new neighbor I thought as I had to readjust myself. She didn't even look around, just stripped and walked into her house, closing the door behind her.

"Heard from Kota yet?"

"Huh, oh, no man," I sputtered at North.

He gave me an odd look, then continued, "They'll be okay, Nate. Vic would have said if it was bad." Oh, yeah, Gabe. Some friend I am, standing here, ogling the neighbor while my friend is hurt.

"Yeah, sorry, I just got distracted," I said, wiping the coffee off my chin. North raised his eyebrows. "Um, well, the neighbor just stripped on her porch. I swear I wasn't creeping or anything. I just looked up and there she was. About choked to death on my coffee." I explained while he just laughed.

"Damn, I really need to meet her now. First Luke, now you," he gasped, still laughing at me.

"Wait, Luke's met her?"

"Yeah, he tried to sneak up on her after the meeting the other night. He came back all dreamy and distracted." North took a breath and shifted on his heels. "He looked happy, Nate. Like he used to with..."

I cut him off, "I don't want to hear that name." I stomped back into the house before he could say anything else.

Author's Notes:  I know some of these are really short chapters, but I want to give each character their own time.  I promise the chapters will get much longer as the events start to build.