Chapter 129

Marc's POV

"The point is moot, Tesoro. You're already pregnant."

Owen's words made us all shut up. We looked back and forth between him and her. She seemed to be in just as much shock as the rest of us.

"I'm what?" she sputtered, looking at her own stomach.

He came and knelt before her. "Think back, Tesoro, remember that day in the grove - Fairie has chosen." He ran his hand over her stomach as he spoke and the air shimmered. Before our very eyes, a small baby bump appeared. He turned to Gabe and motioned for him to come closer. I could see the tears in his eyes.

"But which one," she said softly.

Owen chuckled, "We both are. It's not uncommon for Fae to have more than one father biologically according to the Morrigan." He placed a small kiss on her brow as Gabe began to sob. "Gabriel is your Destined, and I am Fae. Fairie chose us both to father the next heir to the kingdoms."

"I..I'm a father," he looked up at Minx with wonder-filled eyes. He grabbed her and kissed her like a crazy man, then turned back to Owen and slapped his arm. "That's what she fucking told you that day. That's why you smiled like an idiot! Why the fuck haven't you told us before now?" Yeah, I'd like an answer to that too.

"She said I had to wait until the right time. She said Fairie would let me know when Eveleen was ready to know and see her pregnancy. She also indicated it wouldn't be safe before then. I think her visit from Erebus would have gone much differently if he had known she was already pregnant." He gave her a soft smile, "We have the upper hand now, love."

"Are you upset," she looked at the rest of us.

"Why would we be upset, Minx? We are all family. I don't care if Owen and Gabe are the biological fathers, that baby is just as much mine and I'll do anything to protect him or her," I said with a huge grin. She giggled as the others said similar things in agreement. She looked angelic as she ran her hand over the small bump, tears glistening on her cheeks. Gabe still hadn't let go of her. He just kept staring at her tummy and grinning like an idiot. Next to Sean, I think he's the most baby obsessed among us.

"So how do we save Loki," Luke finally asked, bringing us all out of our reverie.

"With help," a deep voice said from the doorway. Odin stepped in with all of our patrons and the council following him. He bent down and kissed Minx's head, "Told you I was looking forward to meeting my grandbaby," he chuckled at her and Gabe.

"Wait, you knew? But she wasn't even pregnant yet," Gabe said.

"Yes, she was. You got her pregnant when you first went to the grove, then Owen finished the deed when he was at the grove with her." He gave a deep laugh, "Then you greedy boys made double sure it was a done deal when, well you both, ahem," he sputtered.

Several of us snorted in laughter, "Way too much information, man!" Nathan roared as he laughed. Minx's face was bright red as she buried her head in Gabe's chest. Then again, both he and Owen seemed a bit flushed too.

"Ahem, now, as I was saying, we've come to help," Odin continued.

"You may not know how to pray, but you know how to demand, Raven," Perun laughed as he came forward and grabbed him in a deep hug. His eyes bulged as he hesitantly hugged the large god. He looked like a bigger version of Raven but with a long red beard. "I've heard your angry demands since you left Fairie. Sorry, it took so long to respond," he coughed and gave the side eye to several of the gods and goddesses, "I had to knock a few heads, upryamyye ublyudki."

Raven threw his head back in laughter, "Da, I can see that." Dang, this guy really was a perfect fit for him. "What about bond rules? I don't want malen'kiy voin or Loki hurt." He gave the others a dark glare.

"We've all agreed we will stand before the council with them," Cailleach said, coming to stand near Minx. "This can't be an accident that they're fated. Loki may be a trickster, but he is an honorable God even when his methods are questionable. They deserve their chance just as all of you did."

"First we need to find Erebus and rescue Loki, then we can worry about the council," Helios stated. "Do you know where he is?"

Brandon pointed to Victor, "Erebus said to find him in the Void, and that you would know how to get there." Both Victor and Typhon groaned loudly.

"Fuck, if that's where he's at, we will need to be careful," Typhon said, "It's not just a place, but similar to Fairie, it is a living thing. It is loosely referred to as the Father of the Titans."

"Absent father is more like it," Nyx growled. "The Void is the absence of everything - no time, nothing living or dead really. It just exists.

"When Typhon pulled me there, I couldn't even tell if I was moving or standing still, and forget about telling night from day. It made me think of a black hole," Victor complained as he rubbed his neck in frustration.

Gabe let out a laugh as he kissed Minx, "Oh, I've got this. We can use Brandon and Corey's sunlight to create a type of tunnel to split the Void. Sean can project his power to keep us moving forward. Silas, Axel, and Raven can keep the outside edges going with wicked weather to keep away any shadows that are helping Erebus. Nate can teleport as needed. North is a one-man wrecking machine, Vic is a fucking dragon, Luke and Marc can be whatever fits in the moment of need, and Owen, well Owen has Fae magic that Erebus doesn't know about. He's our secret weapon." He pulled her closer to him, "And you, my love are the center of it all. Where you go, I go. Absolutely nothing will come into contact with you, I swear it."

"Man, that's all good and well sounding, but just how do you plan on protecting her from everything?" Axel asked.

Gabe never broke eye contact with Minx, "Anyone, hit me. Throw your power, spell, whatever. Go on, I fucking dare you." We all looked at him like he was nuts until Raven threw lightning at him. Gabe barely moved his hand and it just vanished. Triton tried to launch water, and it parted around them. Try after try, no matter one of us or a god or goddess, nothing touched them. It was like he'd made a shield that was unbreakable.

Victor laughed, "Didn't I tell you his magic was pure and untouchable?" He walked towards them and reached out for Gabe. Minx and Gabe grabbed his hands and pulled him against them. I could see his shoulders relax at their acceptance.

Odin clapped his hands together, drawing all of our attention back to him. "Well, now that we've established that my boy is a badass, we should probably work out the details of our journey."  

Author's Notes:  Gabriel's in full protection daddy mode now  :)  Six more chapters...

My new story Almost A One Night Stand is now posted.  As always you can also support me on Patreon for as little as $3 a month to get full stories before they reach Wattpad and some that never are posted here.  

Please follow, vote and comment!