Chapter 80

Mature Content Warning - M/F/M

Axel's POV

This couldn't be real. Triton was just a fairy tale and mermaids.... Then I watched as Silas began to change. I heard Eveleen crying, begging Triton to stop his pain, her knuckles white from gripping the tank's edge. When he came back to the surface I gasped, "What the fuck."

He turned towards me with a wide grin, "This is what I was born for, Axel. And if you'd pull your head out of your ass, you'd realize it was your destiny too. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a mate to claim." He grabbed her and dove for the bottom of the tank.

I looked at Triton, "Stop him, the damn idiot will drown her!"

He laughed at me, "I know you were listening to my conversation with them earlier. He will do no such thing. She's perfectly safe with him, but then again, if you're so worried, you could always accept my claim and join them." He shook his head at me, "You are so infuriating. Why do you persist in fighting your fate? Are you really so jaded that you would see Starfish die?"

That got my attention. "What do you mean die?"

He slapped his hand against his face, dragging it downward, "You really are an idiot. Did you not listen to anything Loki told you? Erebus will either rape her or kill her, or both if her chosen do not stop him. You are one of those chosen, Axel. It will take every single one of you to help her access her Fae magic. If even one of you refuses, then he will win, and from what I already know of her, she will sacrifice her own life before she allows any of her loved ones to suffer - even you." He paced the deck, "Erebus has infected her soul. It happened shortly after you left. The black spot on her chest is just a physical symptom of the poison he is filling her with. If we can't stop it, she will die."

"I'm afraid," I finally whispered. "Afraid she w..will do what Kaylie did."

His eyes softened as he looked at me. "She won't. She's not capable of lying. There isn't a single deceitful bone in her body, Axel. Despite her upbringing in the mortal world, she is still bound to Fae law. Lying would cause her unbearable physical pain. Ironically, when her chosen travel with her to Faire, they will also lose the ability to lie. The realm is unlike others. It is a living place with magic of its own. Do not let your own fear ruin all your lives. This isn't just about her, it's about all of those men who you call friends and brothers. You are all are tied to her fate as well."

Well damn, no pressure, right?

Before I could say anything else, Silas and Eveleen breached the top of the tank. He laid her partially on the decking and began to lick her folds. She was moaning, eyes hooded, and panting heavily. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. "Axel," she whined, "please, please kiss me." Her hand stretched towards me.

I instinctively crawled towards her, running my hand along her jaw before pressing my lips to hers. She bucked against me as Silas continued to lap at her. She moaned into my mouth, lacing her fingers into my hair. I felt an explosion of emotions, desire, and then peace. I pulled back from her lips and turned my head to Triton, "I accept your claim." He gave me a broad grin and simply nodded. I felt a sudden pain in my stomach and fell to the decking.

I felt his hands guide me to the edge of the deck. "Just listen to the water. I'm proud of you, Axel. Call out if you need anything or have questions, and take care of my Starfish. She's one special girl." He grinned and pushed me into the tank.

Just like I'd seen Silas do, I let myself sink to the bottom of the tank. A sharp pain shot down my back and I cried out, sucking in water. My body felt like it was being burned and reshaped as I writhed in the water, then everything stilled. I felt a calm come over me and spun around to see Silas carrying Eveleen to me. The closer she got, the calmer I felt. She held her arms out to me as I pushed myself towards her. I pulled her into my arms, crashing our lips together.

Are you sure, M'anáil? Her voice in my head seemed so natural.

Yes, Dove. I'm sorry for being such a scared fool and fighting this. I stroked her face. Her eyes held so much empathy. Triton was right, she would sacrifice herself in an instant for me, just like the others, even when I had done nothing to deserve her loyalty, her love.

Then claim me, M'anáil, make me yours, she moaned as my lips trailed down her neck. My instincts took over at her words as I sank deep inside her. I could feel every inch of her respond to our bodies joining. Wrapping my arms around her shoulders, I thrust upward as I pulled her body down. I needed to claim her as my mate, our mate. I felt her body climax as the connection flooded open. Even though I knew this was going to happen, it still was overwhelming. I felt her emotions, her memories. Tears stung my eyes as I felt her hopelessness the day she tried to end her life. The fear that ate at her core, worrying about the Blackbourne team and my team, even the two she hasn't met yet. I really believe the depth of her love has no limit.

She suddenly cried out and buried her face in my neck gasping, I'm so sorry, Axel. I understand now, oh my love, I'm so sorry. She had seen the memories of Kaylie. I felt her hand on my cheek. I will never do that, M'anáil. When the time is right, I will be honored if you want to have children with me.

Thank you, Dove. I'm sorry for taking out my anger at her on you. I know now that you would never hurt me like that. And, yes, someday I would love to see you carrying my child. I kissed her hard as I pushed upwards again, making her moan. But for now, I will be content to claim you as mine, I growled and thrust against her in rapid movements. She ground her hips against mine as I felt my movements become more frantic. I slammed harder as I felt myself release inside her. She whimpered as she came again. You are mine, Dove, mine forever.

Mind if I join now? Silas said in a husky tone. I'd completely forgotten he was there. Dove just gave a sly grin and nodded. He swam closer and tilted her head back to kiss her. Can you take both of us, Seirína?

Yes please, mo chaomhnóir, I need both of you, please. Fuck, even in my head her voice was pure sex. I felt myself getting hard again. Silas reached between her legs, guiding his cock against mine as he pressed into her. I moaned as his hand stroked both of us. She clung to my chest as he filled her. Once he was fully seated inside of her, we both began to thrust upward, making her arch and cry out.

Silas kept his hands firmly on her hips as he pumped, his mouth sucking and biting along her neck and shoulders. I caressed her breasts as my mouth sucked on her pebbled nipples, biting and tugging at them. Her body was flooded with sensations as we fucked her. I could feel her shaking and moaning as she climaxed hard. My own climax was building when Silas reached forward and pulled my mouth to his. I moaned loudly as I came inside of my Dove while his tongue searched my mouth, devouring my lips. I felt him release inside her as well, bucking against us.

Dove's body began to relax and sag in our arms. Her eyelids were hooded and she shivered. Sub drop, I said quickly to Silas. Take her, I'll set up a cot in my office. I'll put towels on the deck, get her wrapped and bring her to the office as quickly as you can. He nodded at me as I gently pulled out of her. I swam to the top of the tank, praying that my human form would return once I left the water.

Much to my relief, I apparently could control the shift now. My greenish gold tail was gone and my human legs returned before I exited the tank. After leaving the towels, I ran to the office to set up a space to take care of Dove. Silas came in a few moments later, cradling her in his arms. She was mumbling and sleepy. We put a t-shirt on her and did our best to dry her hair before wrapping her in the blanket. I had her take a few sips of water and then we all laid down on the cot. I felt Silas's fingers lace in mine above her hip. "Thank you, brother," he said softly.

I chuckled, "Thank you for not giving up on me. So do we go find Raven and Corey now?" I smiled to myself, "Raven will love her the moment he lays eyes on her."

"Yeah, we need to find them and then head to Ireland. A lot has happened in a short time, man. She's in real danger and I'm scared for her, for all of us." He pressed a kiss to her forehead. He told me about the meeting with the Gods and Goddesses and the details of the spell while she slept. It made my head swim and my heart clench with fear, but it also reassured me that I'd made the right decision. 

Author's Notes:  I will post a double update tomorrow, then sadly, I'll be unable to post for several days.  I promise to double post upon my return, my lovelies!  Please vote and comment.