Chapter 42

Sean's POV

I could feel the sexual tension between those three and watched in fascination as they held their conversation. I had to suppress my laughter as I watched my Star put both boys in their place with a wicked grin. She must have sensed my attention because she turned to meet my gaze. How are you, mo sholas?

Hearing her voice in my mind was such a shock but soothing at the same time. I'm adjusting my Star. You look beautiful today. She blushed at the compliment. I wanted to make her blush again, but Owen cleared his throat, beginning the meeting. "I think Sean needs to start, then we'll go around the room for any updates."

I clapped my hands on my knees, "Well as most of you know, I had a shift at the hospital last night. Owen went with me so we could give Dr. Roberts our report on what was happening. Surprisingly, he didn't seem too shocked. Apparently, the Academy has worked with Eveleen's Council before, something about vampires in the early 90's. Anyway, the three survivors are healing well. I was able to heal their magical injuries, and now they are recovering from their natural wounds." I turned to Eveleen. "I'm hoping you can help identify the remaining missing members. The three at the hospital are Grant Peterson, Theresa Farrow, and Julie Cohen."

"That leaves Lydia Garrison, the third victim, and Jacob Williams, the sixth victim still unaccounted for," Star replied. "Could they tell you anything about what happened or who took them?"

This was the part I was dreading. I sent out a quick mental message to Kota, Gabe and Silas. They moved closer to her, placing their hands against her skin somewhere. I came to kneel before her, doing the same. We all passed a silent look before I continued. "They spoke of the Daghishat coven." Her body went rigid and Gabe started cursing loudly. Apparently, he knew more than I did.

"Who," she asked, her voice shaking like the rest of her body. "Who took them?"

"Phineas Dolman. They said he seemed to be able to command the shades." I paused, unsure how much she could take. She nodded for me to continue as my brothers continued to touch her, and comfort her. "They mentioned the name Ylfa. He's searching for her. They've been performing experiments - magical ones, trying to find a way for a mortal to carry a shade child to term." She visibly paled and her breathing became erratic as she dug her nails into Victor's shirt.

"That's enough for now," Gabe barked. "She needs a minute. Vic, take Kota and Silas with you. Get in a hot tub with her and do whatever it takes to keep her calm." He knelt down and tilted her chin to look at him, "Don't go down that damn rabbit hole, little wolf. He won't hurt you again. I swear to Odin that I'll rip him limb from fucking limb before he touches you." He gave her a fierce kiss and then motioned for the three to leave with her. Once they'd left the room, he turned back to us. "Brothers, we have a fucking catastrophic problem. Fucking hell if I'm gonna let those fuckers hurt my little wolf!"

He paced while he explained how Eveleen and he had consummated their bond. Showing us the soul bond mark, he began to describe the connection flow. "It's unlike anything I've ever experienced. Think of the internet and how you can find anything you want if you just search, well this is a connection where you don't have to search. I've seen every memory, experience, happiness, heartbreak, and fear she's ever known - I've felt them as if I had lived them. And she's experienced mine as well." North made a strangled noise. "Yes, even every detail about Sang." He chuckled grimly, "Gods help Sang if little wolf ever gets her hands on her."

"So based on your reaction, this Phineas guy has hurt her in the past," Luke asked.

"Hurt is a major fuckin understatement, Luke. She was taken from Faire when she was a toddler after her mother died. This Daghishat Coven basically kidnapped her. They worship darkness - specifically Erebus. They would rape to force soul bonds for their own evil gain, then discard the person." He held his head in his hands.

"When you say discard, do you mean kill?" I asked.

"That was the kindest way to break the bond," he scoffed. "Phineas was known for stealing the souls of his bonds. He would imprison their souls magically, then turn their bodies into demons or shades. Of course, their bodies couldn't handle it and would give out quickly. He's beyond fuckin sadistic and he wants her."

"Did he ever, you know, with Eveleen?" Nate stammered, his fists clenched.

"No," Gabe shook his head. He looked at the mark on his arm lovingly. "I was her first." He wiped a stray tear from his eyes. "She's not human, not even a little. I know that now. As Odin said that night, she has many names - one is Ylfa or little wolf. If Phineas gets her, he may actually be able to accomplish his fucking disgusting goal," his voice was raw with emotion. "This is why we're being claimed. It's to protect her."  

Author's Notes:  I see you out there reading.  Please comment and vote, my lovelies!