Chapter 84

Raven's POV

Malen'kaya boginya (little goddess) had a wicked grin on her face as we explained about tracking Volto using Sang and Kaylie. She sat holding Marc's hand in the backseat watching moy solnechnyy svet (my sunlight) and me closely.

"Do you have any idea how they located you?" Marc asked.

"I'm not even sure they know it's us," moy solnechnyy svet replied. "They could just be looking for whoever has been tailing them. I'd hoped we could get them to lead us to Volto, but he doesn't seem to have any faith in them either. He keeps them at a distance and only meets in secret."

"Da, thief led us to him once, but he was well protected," I said bitterly. My own anger with her makes me want to catch them all even more. "He has whole network here." Malen'kaya boginya started to touch my shoulder, but Marc stopped her. I frowned at him.

"Man, trust me, you don't want the first time she touches you to be when you're driving. She knocked Axel and me both off our feet," he grinned. "Your driving is scary enough." I gave a barking laugh. Now I really wanted to touch her.

She blushed then quickly recovered, "How would you like us to handle this? It is your case after all." I could see moy solnechnyy svet's chest swell with pride. Our team had a bad habit of taking his skill for granted. "If it helps, Gabriel can teleport now, and North is able to move without a single sound. We will do whatever the two of you think is best. I just want a few moments with the, um, ladies, if I may."

Corey opened his phone and put everyone on a conference call. "Hey guys, Dreamgirl was telling me some of your skills, and they may come in handy. Is there any way someone can get to the windows outside and just see what the girls are trying to do, or where exactly they are?"

"Marc and I can shapeshift into birds and get a peek," Luke replied as Marc beamed from the backseat. Damn this puts surveillance into a whole new game.

"I can teleport Nate and me into the apartment if you send me an image of a room, Luke. That way we can keep them trapped if that's what you want Corey," Gabe added.

"Do you want any of us to hang back, Cor? We can keep an eye out on the street as well to see if Volto or his group are watching," Axel added. I could see tears edging his eyes as they made suggestions, but they still deferred to him. It made me proud. They really have changed.

"That's a good idea, Ax. How about Brandon, Kota, and you stay on the street. Luke, you and Marc do your thing and once you have a visual Nate and Gabe can go in. Raven, North, and I will come up the main entrance," he paused for a moment. "Silas, can you, Vic, Sean, and Owen scope out the back entrance to the building? I'm sending Vic the blueprints now. I've also added all your phones to the video feeds with audio."

"Where would you like me, mo ghrian?" Malen'kaya boginya's voice was soft but determined. She wasn't going to be left out.

"I think you should come with us. It will throw the girls off to see us with a woman, and you did say you wanted a word with them," he grinned.

Her face lit up as she giggled, "Oh, yes, a few words actually."

When we reached the parking lot a few moments later, everyone separated into their assigned groups. I choked when I watched Marc and Luke turn into pigeons and fly off towards our apartment windows. Damn, I don't think I'm going to get used to that.

West elbowed my ribs, "Wait till you see Vic turn into a fuckin dragon. That's a trip." My eyes bulged as he just chuckled. "Yeah, never a boring minute around here, Crow." He stepped closer to boginya, placing her behind him. She was so tiny, his body concealed her completely.

We decided to use the stairs while Owen and Sean kept watch on the elevator. Kaylie and Sang were trying to pick the lock when we arrived. "Can we help you," Corey said in a flat voice.

I could see both girls flinch then quickly collect themselves, turn around and hide the lock with their backs. Sang's eyes went wide, "Northstar?" He just glared at her without answering, his hands clenched. I worried for a moment that he might lose his temper, but he stayed still.

"I said, can we help you?" Corey repeated, taking a step towards them. They looked like they were ready to bolt when the apartment door opened behind them with Nate, Gabe, Luke, and Marc standing inside. "Perhaps you'd like to explain to us why you are here?"

"Wh...what are they doing here," Kaylie sputtered, "And you, why are you here, Marc?"

"None of your concern, thief," I said sharply. The nickname had a whole new meaning now. She was nothing but a lying thief - stealing secrets, feelings and then throwing them away. "What do you want?"

Her whole body language changed as she tried to be seductive, "I missed you guys, we both did. Why don't we go inside and talk for a bit?" What's she playing at now?

"Ax says Volto had two men in the alley. Silas and Vic have them subdued, so to speak," Nate said. Wait, how did he know? He winked at me and tapped his temple. Oh, yeah that mind talk they can do now.

"Silas and Victor are here too? Is everyone here?" Sang said in a shaky voice looking at Nate.

"Yep. One giant fucking reunion, Sang," Gabe snapped. "How about you, erm, girls, come in and tell us your little story. I'm sure we will all be entertained to hear of your adventures with motherfuckin Volto."

"M'anam, calm down." Boginya's voice came softly from behind North, as she stepped into view. On sight, Gabe's whole body relaxed.

"Sorry little wolf," he said. "Sang, Kaylie, come inside." We moved forward, not really giving the two girls any options other than to step into the apartment. 

Author's Notes:  Wow~4.9K reads!!!

Thanks for your patience~  Just got off the plane and wanted to do a double update as promised.  I should be able to return to daily updates.  Please vote and comment :)