Chapter 94

Marc's POV

Screams and yells filled the apartments as I bolted out of bed, running towards North and Brandon's room. Sean was shouting orders as I saw Silas come out of the bathroom with towels. I began to panic, reliving that moment in the temple - oh gods, no, not again, please, no!

I pushed further into the room and saw Brandon cradling my minx in his arms. They were both covered in blood, her blood as North pressed his arm to her lips. Her chest was almost black as the tendrils from the stone seemed to be growing as quickly as Sean tried to heal them. He looked like he was about to pass out as Gabe and Nate stood to either side of him, hands on his shoulders, trying to feed him magic. Her body was littered with what looked like cuts and bites.

I felt a sharp pain in my arm and looked down to see her line in the soul bond slowing its movement. "Sean!" I screamed, "Do something, she's dying, look at your mark!"

"I'm trying, god dammit!" He cried out. Silas and Axel continued to put pressure on her wounds. Sean was so focused on the magic attacking her, that he couldn't stop her bleeding.

Remembering the day with the hellhound, I did the only thing I could think of. Lifting my head to the ceiling I called out, praying he'd listen. "LOKI! HELP HER," I screamed, begging. There was a loud popping sound and he appeared, following my gaze to the bed, he made a choking sound and rushed towards her.

"Move," he said sharply to Gabe and Nate, then placed his hands on Sean's shoulders. "Just let my magic meld with yours, imagine it covering her entire body. Picture her healthy and unharmed in your mind, light bearer." Sean closed his eyes and we watched as his golden light became infused with a bluish tinge. The magic swirled over her skin like a lover's caress, sealing each wound as the black tendrils seemed to shrink and withdraw.

Looking at the mark, I saw her line begin to move normally, and let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you," I said to Loki, as the others chimed in with similar statements. He and Sean had released the spell and stood watching her.

"Do any of you know what happened?" He asked.

"Phineas," Sean said angrily. "He fucking pulled her into a dream realm like Erebus did the first time." He rubbed his face, wiping the tears that had fallen. "I saw everything, just like last time I couldn't help. It was like I was watching a movie, but she was living it. Somehow he reached in and cracked the stone. He told her each day would connect her to shadow, but I didn't understand what he meant."

"It means they have access to me now," her voice came from the bed as North and Brandon helped her to sit up.

"Explain, ástvinur," Loki prompted her, kneeling close to the bed.

"By cracking the stone, my soul, as well as Erebus's shadow, escape a little each day. The creatures of shadow will be drawn to seek me out." She lifted her head and met Victor's gaze, "You can feel it already, can't you, mo dhragún?"

He looked defeated as he nodded his head, "It's enticing, like a scent of something you crave. If it gets stronger each day, I can only imagine the creatures that will come after her."

"Owen, can you see if the jet is ready? We need to leave now," Kota growled, "Maybe the magic in the Council Headquarters can dampen the effects."

Owen started to speak, but Loki cut him off. "Get dressed, all of you, and meet in the main room in five minutes. You can have your belongings sent after you." Then he stood and left the room. We all looked at each other for a moment then rushed to do as he said.

When we had all gathered in the room, Loki had us form a circle around him. "Ástvinur, I need you between the sons of Odin. Their magic will help keep you shielded. Light bearer, stay close as well. The journey may weaken her." Without further instruction, he raised his hands and began speaking too softly for us to understand his words. We were engulfed in a swath of blue magic and it felt like the air had been removed from the room, much like the sensation of pressure changes in a plane. I swayed and closed my eyes only to open them and find ourselves standing in a museum.

"What the fuck was that," I breathed, trying to regain my balance.

"That my dear, Marc, was teleporting - God style," Loki chuckled.

"Cool," Luke murmured, "But where's the Council?"

"Maybe I can help with that," Jace said, walking towards Minx. "Cricket, you look like hell! What have these monsters been doing to you, don't they know about good aftercare?" Her cheeks flushed crimson and I saw Loki's eyebrow raise.

He led our group to stand before a large painting of an archaic library. He looked at Kota and gave a smirk. I swear I think Kota about squealed, "No fucking way!" Jace just nodded his head.

"Erm, I'm not sure how the Council is going to feel about, um, him," Jace said, looking at Loki.

Minx straightened her shoulders and looked Jace square in the eyes, "If he doesn't come, then I don't come." Loki's mouth gaped for a moment, then he recovered and started to protest. She held up her hand, leaning towards him, but not touching, she said softly, "This isn't up for debate, elskede."

That froze him in his tracks as tears rimmed his eyes. Hell, it froze all of us in our tracks. The four of us that knew what that word meant exchanged looks. I noticed neither Luke nor Gabriel seemed surprised and neither did Owen, but everyone else, including Jace, was stunned. He cleared his throat," Okay then, right this way." Taking her hand, he stepped through the painting, then stuck his hand out, motioning us to follow.

"Okay, this is some fuckin Harry Potter level shit, here," Gabe swore.

"Your boyfriend turns into a dragon, and this freaks you out?" North snorted and laughed at him.

"Put a sock in it vamp boy, or I'll start calling you sparklepire, you fucker," Gabe sassed back.

"Again I ask, are you sure Gabriel isn't yours, Loki?" Owen said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Loki laughed, "Oh dear Owen, it takes more than humor to be my chosen."

"Oh shut it Red, you know your fuckin jealous of my sparkling wit and amazing fucking self," Gabe shot back at Loki, "Besides, I'd be way too fucking much for you."

Loki gave a devilish grin, "Oh dear, dear, Gabriel, you and your dragon boy wouldn't be able to walk for weeks after I finished with you." He left Gabe sputtering as he passed through the painting with a satisfied look on his face.

Damn. Loki's got game. 

Author's Notes: Anyone else missed Loki?  Comment and vote, my lovelies!