Chapter 41

Victor's POV

"You're fucking welcome," Gabe said as he placed her hand in mine. He'd dressed her in a sexy little white dress that hugged every curve of her body.

I tugged her closer, pressing my lips against her cheek then whispered, "You look beautiful, my jewel." I pulled her down into my lap as we sat waiting for Owen. She'd recently bathed, but I could still smell Gabe on her. It was intoxicating. I glanced at him, Did you two? He didn't answer, just gave me his cheeky grin. I guess that makes sense. Those two had an almost instant connection.

"How are you doing with everything?" she asked, startling me out of my thoughts. "I'm sorry I haven't been here for you." She played with her fingers nervously. Did she think I was upset with her?

I tilted her chin up and kissed her lips softly. She let out a low moan and leaned into my kiss. When we pulled apart, I couldn't help feeling a sense of satisfaction with her swollen lips and hooded eyes. I felt my pants tighten - fuck! "You have nothing to apologize for. Everything happened so quickly with me and everyone else. You're one person, Eveleen. We all know you can't be everywhere at once." She frowned at my words - shit what did I do wrong? "Hey, what did I say to make you upset?"

"You're right, I can't be everywhere at once. How am I supposed to keep all of you safe? What if something happens and I'm not there?" She was starting to panic.

I let my instincts take over and pressed her close, lifted her, and went out on the porch. I sat us on the swing and let the fire inside me warm her. I felt her body begin to relax so I began to speak. "When a person is claimed, do they gain magical abilities?" I knew the answer, I just needed her to hear the answer.

"Yes, they gain abilities based on the God or Goddess that claims them. Like Typhon, he's a Titan who controls the elements. He's immune to sickness and disease, can control fire and shapeshift into dragons or large reptiles," she rattled off, then paused, "Oh." Her cheeks flushed crimson.

"You are protecting us already, little jewel. As each of us is claimed, we become stronger. You've given that to us." I peppered her face in kisses until she giggled. Then pulled back just a bit. "I know Gabe might be worried since you weren't exactly with me when Typhon claimed me, but I got to save you, Eveleen. I was claimed at that exact moment to protect you and Brandon. That alone makes it perfect." She gave me a tearful smile and leaned into me. I felt a purring vibration start in my chest and held her as she dozed off until North stuck his head out the screen door.

"Hey, Sean just got back from the hospital and has an update on the coven members," he said, watching her sleep against my chest. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she was just freaking out about not being able to protect us. I think I convinced her that at least those of us who've already been claimed are more than safe."

North frowned for a minute. "Kota got back about an hour ago. He's currently in the kitchen eating a week's worth of groceries, apparently something about an accelerated metabolism now. Hell, even as a werewolf, he's still a damn science nerd," he chuckled. "I'll see you inside, man."

I looked down at the sleeping beauty in my arms, reluctant to wake her. I ran my hand along her cheek, "Jewel, we need to talk with the others now." She grumbled and huffed. I chuckled at her behavior, lifting her in my arms as I walked us back inside.

Silas gave me a knowing grin, "She's a bit grouchy when she first wakes up. I'll go grab her some tea." I thanked him as I sat back down with her in my arms. She made an irritated sound and pressed her face into my chest.

"You have to wake up, little jewel," I cooed, "Sean needs to tell us about the coven members." She sat up a bit at that information. Silas set the tea down as she began to rub her eyes.

"Thank you, mo chaomhnóir." She gave him a soft smile as he kissed the top of her head and then went to sit down. "Sorry I fell asleep on you, mo dhragún, you're very warm and comfy."

I let out a loud laugh, "That's the best compliment I've ever received, little jewel. Now, tell me what you called Silas and myself, please."

She blushed, "He's my guardian, and you're my dragon."

I pressed my lips against her neck, running my tongue along until I reached her earlobe, then bit down playfully, "Yes, I am yours, Eveleen." She let out a moan and shifted tighter into me. I felt my body tense and my fire build. "Keep doing that, little jewel and I'll be tempted to fly you far away and ravage you." She looked up at me with wide doe eyes, then licked my lips. Fuck!

Knock it off you two before I take both of you upstairs and fuck you senseless, Gabe threatened. Eveleen turned and stuck her tongue out at him. Keep it up little wolf and I'll make you use that tongue on Victor while I fuck him.

Not helping man, so not helping, I whined.

She looked back and forth between the two of us for a moment then gave a downright wicked smile. I quite like the sound of that, my loves. I think we have a few things to discuss in private later. Then she ran her finger across a mark on her forearm and I watched Gabriel squirm in his chair.

Cheeky girl, he growled.

Author's Notes:  I love the dynamic between Gabriel, Victor, and Eveleen.  Writing their back and forth banter was so easy.