Chapter 18

Eveleen's POV

What are you thinking, Goddess? For ten years I've kept my secrets and now a pair of sexy grey eyes come along and I'm spilling my guts like a pinata!

Owen stopped in front of the mansion. Up close it really was a sight to behold. The restoration had been historically accurate while still allowing for modifications. I gladly took his hand when he opened the car door for me. I was still stiff but healing quickly. I felt the same jolt as before and closed my eyes for a moment.

"I'm not hallucinating, am I? You felt that too, right?" He asked, still grasping my hand. I nodded but didn't answer, then followed him and Sean into the house.

The moment I walked into the house, I was overcome with a sense of sadness. It was in the very walls. This house had seen betrayal and loss. It was the same emotion I'd felt from Luke, North, and Owen. I wonder what had happened to leave such an imprint on not only the residents but the house as well. As I looked around the family room, Sean brought both of us a glass of water and an aspirin. "I think we deserve the comfy seats," he grinned. It was such a beautiful smile, but like the others, it was shadowed with grief. I sat next to him on the couch as Owen watched us.

"Sean, before the others arrive, can you shake Eveleen's hand?" Sean gave him a puzzled look while I just glared at him. Not a damn science experiment, buddy. "I want to test a theory." Oh, whatever. I placed my hand on top of Sean's. He jumped when we both felt the same shock. "Interesting," Owen mumbled.

"What the hell was that?" Sean gasped, looking between Owen and I.

"No clue," I admitted. "Seems like you and your brothers cause some kind of electric shock when I touch you."

"Wait, you mean you had the same reaction when you met Luke and North?" Owen asked, curiosity lacing his words. "And this has never happened to you before?"

"Yep and nope, never before." He started to say something else but was interrupted as voices filled the room.

"Where's the fire, Owen?" North yelled. He looked at me, then back to Owen and Sean. "Eveleen, why are you here? What happened?" he asked, noticing mine and Sean's bandages.

Before I could answer, another familiar voice spoke, "Dia dhuit, Eveleen!"

I laughed as he mispronounced the words, but it was so sweet that he tried. "Dia dhuit milseán," I replied. Luke gave a huge grin and came to sit in the chair next to me. I noticed several other men now standing in the room, but my back stiffened when I heard his voice.

"What the fuck language are you talking in Luke?," The blue-eyed man froze when his eyes landed on me. "You! It's fuckin you," he yelled. "You all see her right? I told you I wasn't hallucinating, you fuckers!"

"Wait, she's the woman who rescued you?" the dark-haired man from the car that day asked. Gabe nodded his head and gave a smug grin in my direction. I stood up and walked toward him.

"I'm so glad you're safe," I said and wrapped him in a hug, feeling the familiar jolt.

He hugged me back, whispering in my ear, "I'm glad you're real and I'm not letting you out of my sight this time." His words made me feel warm all over. I really need to understand what is going on here.

Author's Notes:  Ahhh, the dots are starting to connect.